Creationism Seminar - Madison GA

Double Barrel BB

May 12-13, 2006

Dr. Kent Hovind
Creationism Seminar

Friday: 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Saturday: 4:00 - 9:00 PM (with a dinner break)

Dr. Hovind will be speaking at Washington Park Elementary School to the 4th - 5th graders at 12:45 PM on Friday afternoon. Then he will be speaking at Piedmont Academy to the 5th - 8th graders at 1:45 PM. Both of those schools are in Monticella, GA.

Friday and Satruday evenings, he will speak at the High School.

Morgan County Baptist Association

Held at:
Morgan County High
1231 College Dr
Madison, GA 30650

Contact Info:
Paul Miller
(706) 468-2606
shilohnewborn@wmconnect.com
http://www.shilohsbc.org

Randy

Dr. Hovind has some very good theorys on this subject. I have seen some of his theorys on videos that FLASH let me borrow. In fact, I am in the process of watching some now.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What is Creation Science? What are the teachings / beliefs of it?

Randy

Chrisw said:
What is Creation Science? What are the teachings / beliefs of it?

He basically believes the Bible just as it is written. He has theorys about what is meant by some of the verses like the water above the heavens. And how dinasours were there though they were not mentioned and how carbon dating is wrong.

As with most of the science of evolution, these are theorys. But he gives Christians that face these theorys of science a few theorys to fire back at the scientists. Personally I don't think either theory is 100% correct.

Randy

Keep in mind he makes money selling these theorys.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Randy said:
He basically believes the Bible just as it is written. He has theorys about what is meant by some of the verses like the water above the heavens. And how dinasours were there though they were not mentioned and how carbon dating is wrong.

As with most of the science of evolution, these are theorys. But he gives Christians that face these theorys of science a few theorys to fire back at the scientists. Personally I don't think either theory is 100% correct.

Sounds like it would be interesting to hear., thanks.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Randy said:
Keep in mind he makes money selling these theorys.

Also keep in mind (unless he has changed) he does not copyright his material and encourages you to make copies to give to others.

Hope you enjoy the tapes.

Oldstick

Sorry, I just don't get the point of Creation Science

I consider myself a Christian and I believe the Bible is true. Why is it wrong to believe the Bible and at the same time not try to transform it into a science, history or geology textbook.

There is nothing in the body of human scientific knowlege that contradicts anything in the Bible and that includes the theory of evolution. Actually the opposite is true. The laws of the natural world are so complex and mysterious that no human will ever fully understand. The deeper one delves into scientific discovery the more he will be convinced of this. Seems like some people would be better off trying to really understand the laws of the nature that God created rather than trying to explain it away.