Creedmore or PRC

Baroque Brass

If you compare ballistics with similar projectiles between the .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor at distances most of us shoot deer in Georgia, you won’t see that much of a difference. They’ll both deliver about the same energy out to about 300 yards. Beyond that range, the ballistic coefficient of the Creed makes it a bit more accurate. I have a Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor and I will say that it is extremely accurate. It also has comparatively light recoil, especially compared to my Winchester 30.06 that I’ve hunted with for decades. Bullet selection for the 6.5 offers pretty much your choice in projectile type. It’s my understanding the caliber was designed around a 140 grain bullet and those are plentiful with all types of bullets. I am no expert, but I have full confidence the 6.5 will be effective for deer and offers lighter recoil than the 30 caliber rounds. I used mine to drop a 200 pound hog at about 140 yards. I don’t hunt as much as I once did, but the Creed will be my deer rifle. I hope this helps, and good luck this season.