Crossbow advice

Killdee

I have a friend with a terminal lung disease who is hunting his last season, likely just weeks. I need to buy a crossbow for him to use and I know nothing about them. anyone who can give me some advice on a low to medium price bow or even a used one in good shape please let me know ASAP. He is on oxygen 24-7 so we are going to set up a few ground blinds we can get him in close to the truck. We have a couple of bow only areas he has been invited to so we hope to put him on a nice un. Im not sure it would be safe for him to shoot a rifle wearing oxygen, anyone know? Im in Marietta so Academy,Cabelas would be a easy place to buy.
Thanks Killdee

Jim Boyd

Kildee

Thanks for assisting him.

The PSE Fang is reasonably priced and can probably be sold later if u choose.

Good luck.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good for u , nothing like a good friend, where are u located at sr , or where would y’all be hunting , I have one that I use but if u are close enough I’d be willing to let u borrow it for a few hunts , if u are close enough I would even meet u with it !

paulito

I"M with antharper, good on you. I'm in Woodstock and happy to let ya borrow mine as well if you'd rather not buy one. Mine is an older Barnett but works fine.

Killdee

Thanks for the kind offers to loan. I think I may just buy one, I would hate to have something happen to someone’s bow.
I looked at and read the reviews on that Bruin, man that sounds like a decent bow for a cheap price.
Thanks guys

antharper

Staff member
Killdee check out the centerpoint made by crossman , nice package for about 250 , I bought one 2 yrs ago and really like it , 0 problems !

shdw633

Thanks for the kind offers to loan. I think I may just buy one, I would hate to have something happen to someone’s bow.
I looked at and read the reviews on that Bruin, man that sounds like a decent bow for a cheap price.
Thanks guys

I have the 370 and 410 Killdee and have had zero issues, they come with everything you'll need and I'm sure you and your friend won't be disappointed.

Killdee

I have the 370 and 410 Killdee and have had zero issues, they come with everything you'll need and I'm sure you and your friend won't be disappointed.
Do I need a special broad head for a crossbow? I think he has rage and muzzy for his bow. Guess I should pick up more bolts as well. I have ram cats and slicktricks heads also.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Don't think you need any special broadheads. My buddy shoots Rage mechanicals and I shoot Swhackers out of mine. 125 grain for both.

Also check out Parker bows. All American made with a full Lifetime Warranty. Might pay a little more but those two things make it worth it for us.

Bless you for what you are doing and thoughts and Prayers for your friend and his family.

shdw633

Do I need a special broad head for a crossbow? I think he has rage and muzzy for his bow. Guess I should pick up more bolts as well. I have ram cats and slicktricks heads also.

No special broadhead but do get extra bolts because when you miss that bolt seems to disappear quickly. I would also recommended lighted nocks because you won't see that bolt until it's on the ground on the other side of the deer and if you do miss a target it's way easier to find the bolt.

zman

Kildee I sent you a message. Did you get it?

dirtnap

Killdee rage makes a 2 blade specially for crossbows that I think is tailored for some of the newer crossbows that are blazing fast you may want to check on also good for you for being a good friend it’ll be a blessing to you both

Killdee

Unfortunately my buddy Randy’s health had taken a turn for the worse and he now only has a few days left.
Thanks for the kind offers and prayers

antharper

Staff member
Sad to hear, praying for family and friends !