Crossroads guitar fest

duke13

Anyone catch any of it on TV last night? I was surfing between this and The Last Waltz( Robbie Robertson and The Band :fine: ).

I watched Clapton and Carlos playing together. Man you talk about some FINE guitar playing! It don't come no better! :yeah:

creekrunner

yeah, i came in about the same time. at the end ,they were advertising the dvd, i told my wife,hint, hint, hint
went to see clapton this past june in atlanta with jimmie vaughn, was awesome. doyle bramhall II played with clapton that night too, he's pretty smooth playing a right handed guitar upside down lefthanded.
saw clapton in jacksonville in '79, but for some reason don't remember a lot of it

creekrunner

speaking of dvd's, i just saw a new release that i need in my collection. marshall tucker band filmed in 1981 with the all the original lineup except for tommy caldwell, who died in 1980.

broadhead

Duke,
I watched it last night. It was good to see J.J. Cale play and sing "After Midnight" with Clapton. J.J. Cale is one of my favorites.
Did you see Robert Randolf playing the 13 string steel pedal guitar? I saw him live a couple of years ago. Great music!
My girlfriend has The Last Waltz on dvd. There are some legends in that concert. :yeah:
B-head

duke13

broadhead said:
Duke,

My girlfriend has The Last Waltz on dvd. There are some legends in that concert. :yeah:
B-head

I forgot Crossroads was on until I walked in the living room and my wife was watching the Last Waltz and Clapton was on. It was tough trying to watch both, especially since she was watching the TV that gets all the channels and wouldn't let me flip back and forth. I had to go watch Crossroads in the bedroom and every now and then come out to the living room to see the Last Waltz. Great night for music TV! I need to get that Last Waltz DVD there are sure enough some fine musicians on that one!