Crow hunting

Thread starter #1

sadler2

i wanting to go after some crows on public land i cant seem to find anything in reg book for regulations on them. Can i use electronic calls, public land local is archery only. Kinda green to small game hunting your help is surely appreciated.

i wanting to go after some crows on public land i cant seem to find anything in reg book for regulations on them. Can i use electronic calls, public land local is archery only. Kinda green to small game hunting your help is surely appreciated.
Not sure about regs on crow hunting, but I was invited to go with a buddy of mine, his Dad, and some friends. Had a great time and we did use electronic calls and other calls.

They are a wiley and challenging quarry.

Thread starter #3

sadler2

Not sure about regs on crow hunting, but I was invited to go with a buddy of mine, his Dad, and some friends. Had a great time and we did use electronic calls and other calls.

They are a wiley and challenging quarry.
Ive been shooting them in my yard. I made some decoys out black trash bags, brings em right in.

Thread starter #4

sadler2

SPECIES REGULATIONS
CROWS
Electronic calls may be used. Crows may be taken outside of these dates only when causing agricultural damage

did find this but did not say weather or not could be used on public which i guess if it doesn't say then its all good to go

Ive been shooting them in my yard. I made some decoys out black trash bags, brings em right in.

We didn't have any black trash bags. :D

Had some itchy trigger fingers though.

Thread starter #6

sadler2

We didn't have any black trash bags. :D

Had some itchy trigger fingers though.
BINGO, gotta scratch it somehow since duck season is out. Not many people hunt them around my area so its like an untapped market for wing shooting. Not to mention i didn't realize the devastation they do to other birds nesting, reading up on them i seen where they are nest robbers and really put a hurt on dove.

Luckybuck

CROWS: STATEWIDE NOV 4-FEB28 NO LIMITS. ELECTRONIC CALLS MAY BE USED. CROWS MAY BE TAKEN OUTSIDE OF ABOVE DATES ONLY WHEN CAUSING AGRICULTURAL DAMAGE. Info taken from 2017-2018 Georgia hunting season & regulation book.

We tried one time when I was a chap, stunk up the hole house. Grandma threw it out in the yard and the cur dogs would walk up to it,smell it and walk away. They ain't nothing but a flying possum in my book. Good luck, I shoot a lot of them too. If you find their flyway where their coming to or leaving their roost, you can stack them up. I use a old garden owl from Walmart and pull it up on a limb. They love a good scrap

I've had to eat crow a few times, I hate it:bounce: