Csrs and ss

hipster dufus

Has anyone who is collecting a csrs pension been able to get a ss check? Did they reduce your benefit? Im studying up on it and cant seem to find a definitive ansewer.i have enough quarters to qualify but it is from part time earnings. Not what u would call substantial earnings. Please, only replies from actual examples. Thank you.

Stroker

A old friend applied for SS when he started his CSRS, he only got 25% of what he was supposed to draw. He asked them what happens to the rest of his money, they replied that it goes back in the system, I can't post his reply on here

Artfuldodger

Here is an online calculator. I think 25% as Stroker mentioned is a good ball park figure. If I recall I was gonna get about $1,000 a month social security from what I had paid into it in the 60's and 70's. When I retired from CSRS, the Social Security Windfall Elimination reduced it to about $250 a month. Just enough to pay my Medicare Part B and get about a $100 a month from Social Security.

hipster dufus

Im hoping to get enuff to cover medicare B. Like dodger but my ss earnings are small. Ill try the calculator. Im aware of the WEP.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
It will likely be a much reduced SS payout

Latest posts