CUDDE-LINK

Anyone using them?

What are your thought so far?

I am refering to the non-cell phone plan linking cameras to the one home camera type of cameras.

philtuts

Yep. I agree with David. I’ve got the Cuddelink system but also with Verizon cell service from the home unit. Love it so far. Range is good. Pictures delivered to my email on the hour. It’s becoming an hourly addiction when my phone buzzes.

davidhelmly

Sounds like a really cool setup. How is the battery life?

The ones I have linked are all J series cameras and I got 60-75 days on all of them before I changed batteries. Cudde makes a battery booster pack that attaches to it and should at least triple the battery life, they also offer a solar power kit that has had them run for 2+ years from people I have talked to but I haven’t tried either yet.

Jim Boyd

I’m interested......

Reviews of this system appear to indicate some initial problems?

davidhelmly

I’m interested......

Reviews of this system appear to indicate some initial problems?
I'm sure it's possible Jim for a new system but I haven't had any. I have heard of some problems that were user error, they can be fairly complicated to setup if you don't follow the directions step by step.

Jim Boyd

Great info, David - thanks!

I pray for patience, respect for others and humility....

Jim Boyd

Great thread in the link but it is LONG....

philtuts

The cameras are great, but the setup is pretty confusing. Nothing at all like other plug and play cameras. It took me about 2 hours to get everything powered and up running before I went to the field. I called Cudde and they helped me troubleshoot - had to download a firmware update that they emailed me, etc. Great customer service, but a very complicated setup. Cudde products are top of the line, however, I think they’re ability to scale will depend on how user friendly they become. Hoping they’ll come out with app for the pics to come to, as well. Right now they send to email. Great system, great cameras, great customer service - just confusing to setup and trouble shoot. Oh yeah, they ain’t cheap either. But you get what you pay for!

Attachments

• CD69C72A-6065-4196-91E3-4DE08566D0C6.jpeg
    CD69C72A-6065-4196-91E3-4DE08566D0C6.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 80E275F4-F0BC-4D21-9DAE-9D816C4531B5.jpeg
    80E275F4-F0BC-4D21-9DAE-9D816C4531B5.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 84

davidhelmly

Are these as simple as turn it on, set how often to take photos, how often to send, and walk away??
philtuts is dead on in that it isn't plug and play. I haven't done a cellular setup like his but understand it is rather involved, if you are just looking for the cuddelink setup to a home camera to check it's not nearly that bad. Once you get batteries and cards in them and the delay settings that you want it may take you about 10 minutes per camera when you get to where you are setting them up to get the cuddelink going, as long as you follow the directions step by step you won't have a problem. If you're someone who doesn't read directions and just dives in, it could take a bit...

Longhorn 16

Looking at a complete system, 16 cameras and solar chargers. Would be nice to cover the 200 acres at my place.

Has anyone tried a full system like this and if so how do you like it? Is there any filing system for the pictures or do they all just get grouped in the same file?

davidhelmly

Looking at a complete system, 16 cameras and solar chargers. Would be nice to cover the 200 acres at my place.

Has anyone tried a full system like this and if so how do you like it? Is there any filing system for the pictures or do they all just get grouped in the same file?
I’m still loving mine but I only have 4 linked together.
When you pull the card on the home camera it contains a separate file for each camera and they are numbered by camera.

I think they are going to sell the crap out of these if they figure out a way to make it cheaper/easier/and include rechargeable lithium battery packs that last a long time between chargings.

I have read a lot about these over the past 4 months and this will be the wave of the future. Guys are going to buy these.

MidwestAddiction

I really want to give this a try but am scared because of the reviews. A lot say battery life is terrible and system messes up.

I have been loyal to covert and run around 30 of them and have minimal issues and battery life is awesome. 3 covert cell setups with one being 5 years old and no problems.

My issue is I hate walking into areas to pull cards on the non cell covert cameras. If this works as advertised it would be a huge plus.

For those of you who have the setup, what do you need to get started and what are the options for supplemental cameras? I see a lot regarding the “J” cameras on here and other forums. What else is there available?

TIA

GAMHUNTER35

I am still pleased with mine only hav 4 now if they hold up this year I will be buying 4 more think they still hav a few bugs in them or it could be me got solar panels an the rechargeable batteries that came with the panels batteries hold up for 2mths then I hav to bring camera out an charge them bac up you can look on cuddebacks web site they hav a wide range of cameras. 4 cameras with solar panels an home cell was right at 1300. an a cell plan for 20 a month