Cuddelink or Spartan

Bucaramus

Let's here it guys. Pros and cons of both. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Cuddelink looks good as you can link 16 cams with one cell plan but I haven't used either.

Hunter922

I've had 1 Cudde and their customer service was pathetic at best. I Will never own another. Best cam for my money is a Reconyx ( got 5).. Inexpensive but good camera Cabelas Outfitter. I'm not as interested in the cell cams.

Bucaramus

I've had 1 Cudde and their customer service was pathetic at best. I Will never own another. Best cam for my money is a Reconyx ( got 5).. Inexpensive but good camera Cabelas Outfitter. I'm not as interested in the cell cams.

I mainly want a cell cam so when I'm sitting in camp and the hogs come to a spot I'll know it. I don't think the Cuddelink will be good for that though.

sghoghunter

The 3G covert I got was my first and at first I really didn't like it due to learning what settings was best for hunting then which is best for me. I use mine the same way you are wanting to use one. I have 2 over feeders at camp and when it goes off I slip up on the feeder with a thermal and have fun. The newest LTE model I have is really good on battery life a fast transfer pic time. I can ride in front of the cam and before I can stop the golfcart and get off my phone is dinging. The camera is in quitman co two hrs away and it gets full signal v/s phone in same spot gets only half

I have two Spartans and they work awesome. Both have been out for over a year (one being two years) used as security for hunting camp.
Their service has been awesome plus they have a forum on their website that will answer about anything. Two of the people that monitor the forum can answer or solve about any issue you have.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SPARTAN.

Bucaramus

The 3G covert I got was my first and at first I really didn't like it due to learning what settings was best for hunting then which is best for me. I use mine the same way you are wanting to use one. I have 2 over feeders at camp and when it goes off I slip up on the feeder with a thermal and have fun. The newest LTE model I have is really good on battery life a fast transfer pic time. I can ride in front of the cam and before I can stop the golfcart and get off my phone is dinging. The camera is in quitman co two hrs away and it gets full signal v/s phone in same spot gets only half

Verizon or ATT

davidhelmly

I mainly want a cell cam so when I'm sitting in camp and the hogs come to a spot I'll know it. I don't think the Cuddelink will be good for that though.
Bucaramus make sure you read well about the Cuddelink and understand it before buying, it’s function is to link the cameras together for checking all cams from one home camera, they are not cellular unless you add a CuddeLink cell
Camera to the system.
I ran 6 Cuddelink all of last season and they are awesome for keeping the pressure off of a property by checking all of the cameras from 1 location. The only downside I’ve seen is battery usage, they are almost constantly checking and/or transmitting images. If you go the Cudde route I would also get the added battery packs for them or they also have a solar option. I haven’t tried any of the extended power option but people I y’all to have said it really helps. Hunter922 sounds like he had a bad experience with customer service but I had one that was letting water in and Cudde customer service was exceptionaly good in my dealing with them.

davidhelmly

Cuddeback just released a new cell camera, dual cell that supposedly does it all and is affordable.

Yes they did, you can buy the dual cell by itself or they are also offering it in a 4 camera package with 3 of the CuddeLink J cams too, the package I believe is quite a bit cheaper than if you bought them all separately.

hunter 85

I just got the cuddelink cameras I am running 8 j units with d cell packs to a cell home unit I will say I think I will be pleased with it. We messed up on our set up on the cameras and turned on the time lapses with had us being blown up with pictures of nothing as they were taking a picture every 25 seconds that locked the link up and killed the batteries on two cameras in a weeks time that costed us an other 4.5 hour trip to get them set up correctly. We bought the unlimited package but it is not truely unlimited as we have ran out of data after two weeks but with over 3000 pictures emailed to us so come next month cycle I think the system will have all the bugs worked out the system will infact be what we are looking for by only having one cell bill to be able to cover our whole hunting area

Cool Hand Luke

My experience is with Spartan. Almost real-time pics and had two for the last three years on the Verizon plan. Had a problem with one and sent in for repair. Sent back repaired, no problem. I think you can pay for a plan that allows you to live view monitor them and also record video but of course cost extra.

Another member bought the Cuddelink and added my email to it. Seems like it sends a batch of pictures very once in a while so not really real time unless he has it set up wrongSheetmetal.JPG.

sghoghunter

My coverts also have a real time setting. You can go in and send a signal and it will send you a picture right then. I have done that a few times and had deer or hogs out in a foodplot just out of range.

crasm1

My experience is with Spartan. Almost real-time pics and had two for the last three years on the Verizon plan. Had a problem with one and sent in for repair. Sent back repaired, no problem. I think you can pay for a plan that allows you to live view monitor them and also record video but of course cost extra.

Another member bought the Cuddelink and added my email to it. Seems like it sends a batch of pictures very once in a while so not really real time unless he has it set up wrongView attachment 969551.
I have 8 cuddlink, they are awesome and not real time but you can set them to send pics every 2 hours. they also send pics as it hits 25 pics in que. I really like the cuddlink. got my 8 on sportsman guide with a 15 percent discount. I have 1500 wrapped up in 8 cams, so less than 200 bucks for 8 cell cams