Cultipacker

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Yours likely weighs close to 900 pounds, as well. I'm just in the process of converting a pull type 8 footer over to a 3 point hitch. A little more cutting and welding and a coat of paint ...... Weight does make a difference.

Cultipacker3.JPG

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
LOL!! Well, I hope it looks nice behind a blue tractor, too! :)

SRShunter

A guy I work with uses his bucket on tractor to pack the seed for good seed to soil contact and says it works great. Idk, but he said he lightly puts bucket down and back drags it

Forest Grump

Bush hog Bob had one for sale in the Mkt Bulletin last time I looked.

You might send him a PM (or whatever they’re called now on the new format)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Here is one I made from a plastic pipe,some concrete and a steel frame I had laying
around.Worked great for several years until a friend used it to push big rocks in the ground at 10 mph.
496079-4de1aeff6afcdeb3e49353b42a4b9f32.jpg

2 UP

Bush hog Bob had one for sale in the Mkt Bulletin last time I looked.

You might send him a PM (or whatever they’re called now on the new format)

I saw that, but Dalton’s a pretty good haul from Washington County. As much farming that’s going on around here, I keep hoping I’ll run across one closer.

releehweoj

I’ve been looking for a used one, with zero luck. I really don’t want to spend $1500 on a top of the line new one. Does anyone have any experience with, or thoughts about the Field Tuff Model (72 inch)? I’d get the 3pt hitch adapter kit. It would be used primarily on a few acres of food plots a couple times a year.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200665102_200665102

We have what appears to be this same model w/ 3 pt adapter kit. Bought it from a Plotmaster dealer. Paid quite a bit more for ours ($1K including freight). I use the 3pt adapter for packing after tilling. We plant after that and use a UTV to drag it to pack again.

2 UP

Does it do a pretty good job? It’s supposed to weigh a little over 400lbs. That set me about right? Thanks

1gr8bldr

Buy a dbl roller pulverizer. Will be easier to find, 1/3 the price and work just as good.

1gr8bldr

EDIT, I just looked on CL's. They are much higher than they used to be. But, my opinion is that they do a much better job. The cultipaker with the individual plates are able to conform to uneven ground better..... But, the pulverizer will even the ground. If it has been harrowed, it easily pushes the soil flat. And the pulverizer will put more pounds per square inch than the individual plates. It will crush the small clods better than a cultipaker. As for the lines, Some people have drempt up the idea that this is worth something. I don't use the teeth on the leading edge, just the rollers. Most pulverizers have a upper frame that will allow you to add weight, if wanted.