Cumberland?

AliBubba

Did anyone on here make the Cumberland hog hunt after the govt. shutdown was lifted? If so, can you give us the scoop please? Thanks!

b rad

cumberland hunt is a waste of time the hogs arent what they use to be i talk to a guy who works over there said they almost got the population gone

AliBubba

cumberland hunt is a waste of time the hogs arent what they use to be i talk to a guy who works over there said they almost got the population gone
Well, that was the purpose of the hunts I suppose to reduce the hog population that were destroying the island. There are still hogs on the island but more challenging to get.

I spent the week out there in November for the primitive weapons hunt. Hardest I've ever hunted, daylight to dark. No one at the campground killed anything that week. 30 or so folks, nothing.

AliBubba

I have hunted Cumberland for the last 14 years... yes, they had hired hands that killed 1600 hogs in a two year period between 2011-13 (I think?) but on every hunt, hogs were killed... strange that non were taken in Nov.

I have hunted Cumberland for the last 14 years... yes, they had hired hands that killed 1600 hogs in a two year period between 2011-13 (I think?) but on every hunt, hogs were killed... strange that non were taken in Nov.
Three or four were killed, by the warden at night with a light. He offered them to us, but none were killed by the hunters. I believe he said he killed 100-150 in 2018 hunting at night. They have done a good job of eliminating hogs on the island.

I live in Camden and there's still tons of hogs over there. My buddy's family owns greyfield and all the houses on the compound and a 50acres they are the Ferguson Carnegie's. All the hogs are on the North end of island and living in those palmetto thickest we access with trucks and 4wheelers and have about 5 feeders pvc roll aroundsand 10 trailcams which his uncle fills ever week, so that might be a choice of area around the big lake. From this being said the best place to find hogs over there are hunting the marsh and the woodline near the dunes. Plus you can control a hog population at some extent but you'll never wipe them out they just come back by the 100s.

b rad

I live in Camden and there's still tons of hogs over there. My buddy's family owns greyfield and all the houses on the compound and a 50acres they are the Ferguson Carnegie's. All the hogs are on the North end of island and living in those palmetto thickest we access with trucks and 4wheelers and have about 5 feeders pvc roll aroundsand 10 trailcams which his uncle fills ever week, so that might be a choice of area around the big lake. From this being said the best place to find hogs over there are hunting the marsh and the woodline near the dunes. Plus you can control a hog population at some extent but you'll never wipe them out they just come back by the 100s.

i live in camden as well dang thats a good hookup to have on cumberland

Mac

Following the thread, was looking at taking my son for the youth hunt.

AliBubba

Hi there, any word on the fire at Whitney Lake?

Latest posts