Custom Call makers Show in Unicoi

Thread starter #21

M Sharpe

I've had numerous people contact me and have been in contact with numerous people myself. So far this is the list that have said they were coming.

1) Bob and Michael Buckner
2) Irvin Whitt
3) Hoyt Brown
4) Kevin Dorsey
5) Roger Tennant
6) Melvin Newman
7) Harry Burkett
8) Billy Buice
9) Brian Watts
10) Jeff McKamey
11) Chris Brumfiel
12) Dave Cirincione (call collection)
13) Olin Humphries
14) Dean Mundenke (Red Beard)
15) Bob Harwell
16) Richard Hudson
17) Dan Harris
18) Bill Hinkle
19) Jeremy Stafford
20) Mark McPhail
21) Chad Hutchinson
22) Lon Trice
23) Darren Dawkins
24) Marlin Watkins
25) Herb McClure (book & seminar)
26) Gerry Bramblett
27) Del Crow & Billy Macallister
28) Matt McLain
29) Jack Scott
30) Clint Corder
31) Wendell Lancaster
32) Tony Quarino
33) Al & Josh Shoemaker
34) Kevin Cantrell
35) Donnie Richards
36) Fred Cox
37) Joseph Martin
38) Harold and Derrick Fowler
39) Will Dutton (custom knife maker)
40) Lee Chadwick (Misfire Game Calls)
41) Fatal Attraction Game Calls
42) Steve Lumma
43) Jeff Erb
44) Lamar Williams
45) Brandon Washington
46) Jerry Wilkins
47) Doug Morgan
48) Danny Wells
49) Steve Mann
50) Steve Torman (West Augusta)
51) Keil Hilbert
52) Kimmy Hanks
53) Wayne Hendrix (custom knife maker)
54) G L Drew (custom knife maker)

Last edited:
Mark, I have a friend Jeremy Stafford of Stafford's Custom Calls that would like to attend. Jeremy is a great guy and talented call maker with a good ear for turkey. I gave him your contact info so you should be hearing from him. David.

Thread starter #23

M Sharpe

Thanks David!!!

Trying to get Mr. Herb geared back up to do a seminar!!!

Thread starter #25

M Sharpe

List updated....post 21

Custom Call makers Show at UNICOI

Mark and David:
Thanks for the invite and your wanting for me, to talk among our fellow turkey people, when the all new Custom Call Makers Show is a reality next January. I will be there!

What is difficult for Herb:
He can not hear in a crowd, well enough, to carry on a conversation. However, if in a quite place, like a room, I still have many a turkey yarn, I can spin and nothing would please this old turkey man's heart, anymore than that; at least, one more time.

And who knows, I might even have some new video's from this hunting season to show, of real wild turkeys from real wild turkey woods; where real wild turkeys have always lived; not from some restocked habitat.
herb mcclure

More great news! Mr. McClure, anything you would be willing to share about turkeys and turkey hunting (stories,videos,etc)would be a treat and honor to participate in. After all Mr. Herb it was you that started things off with the first program back in 1975. I think it would only be fitting to see that happen again with the creation of the 1st Annual Custom Call Makers Show !!! God bless. David.

Last edited:
Thread starter #28

M Sharpe

Added more names to the list. See post 21

Thread starter #29

M Sharpe

Still growing!!!

Roger T

This is freakin excitin even though its not till january !!! Thank you Mark & Russell for gettin the ball rollin on this jamup event & lookin forward to it!

Bram

Unicoi Show

Great idea and know it will be supported. Count Bram's Bones in.:cool: Thanks

Thread starter #33

M Sharpe

Will do Mr. Jack!!

If anyone is wanting to reserve their room at Unicoi for the show Jan. 15th & 16th, here is the number to the lodge.

800-573-9659

To receive the special room rate of $89/night, the promotional code is "Turkey"

Mark, I reserved 2 rooms today by phone. I had some trouble getting through. I called back and hit zero and got an answer. Anyone reserving by phone mention Unicoi Call Makers Show.

I'll be there to spend some money on calls and support the show. I used to attend some years back and it was always a good time with great call makers in attendance. Just fyi, I reserved a room on line with Unicoi Lodge just now, entered the promo code "turkey" in the box for it, and the reduced rate came up just fine, and it said "Unicoi Turkey Show". I'm already looking forward to the show!

Gaswamp

Will do Mr. Jack!!

If anyone is wanting to reserve their room at Unicoi for the show Jan. 15th & 16th, here is the number to the lodge.

800-573-9659

To receive the special room rate of $89/night, the promotional code is "Turkey"
what are the tentative times for the show?

Thread starter #37

M Sharpe

Joe, it is Friday 3-7, Saturday 9-5.
I've just added more names to the list.

Mark

I will be there and i know a lot off people will attend.we need to get unico back like it was in the Eighties and Nineties.my name is Danny Harp and i will be there thanks.