Daddy Paul and Dawn 2 Dusk???

QuakerBoy

If I recall, both of yall have been having some problems with your Encore's grouping.

what did Thompson Center find the problem to be? Did they fix it to your satisfaction.

I just have a hunch, but do you think that regularly removing the bushing to change barels causes wear on the bushing (or the hole the bushing is in) thus causing things to get loose?

pseshooter

rpaul

I know this was directed to daddy and dawn but I also had problems with mine. I repalced the pin and several other things on mine and the problems were not resolved. I was very upset with the CS from TC and vowed to sell mine because of that. I was told that there is a company that could resolve the problem but after spending all the money I spent I felt like it should shoot better out of the box. I still have the 50 cal. muzzle loader barrel and frame but am considering gettin rid of it.

QuakerBoy

the only reason I directed it to them is because I knew they had the problem

I welcome any response.

There is a company that could resolve the problem? TC told you that? Why can't THEY resolve the problem? ::huh:

Jim Thompson said:
LOL dont ask Andy...

Jim

Actually I'm looking forward to hearing what Andy has to say :shoot:

Last edited:

pseshooter

encore

Andy is the person I first spoke with when I was having my problems. TC did not give me the company name. I believe it was Belms or something like that. If I am correct Andy also went down that rabbit trail and was not happy. I may be wrong and Andy will have to respond. All that being said I was shootin 3" groups at 50 yds with my barrel. I also shot 4 or 5 types of bullets and never get it to group.

stumpman

Banned
Andy maybe its not the gun ::ke: :D maybe the shooter just funnin i hope they have resolved this my new on is ss with synthetic 50 cal ML it seems to shoot ok ive got to try some different loads and bullet types but it has a good not great trigger out of the box i have not measured it but feels like about 3lbs and not to much travel let us know how it shoots this time.

H

HT2

Andy......

I've heard (don't know if it's true or not) that every once in a while there is a "perfect barrel" produced.......

Is this true???????

My Encore shoots are true as any gun I've ever had........It will drive "tacks"!!!!!!!!

My Buddy has tried and tried to get me to part with that particular barrel, but I won't........

You ever heard of such????? ::huh:

QuakerBoy

Dawn2Dusk said:
Yeah, and have you ever heard of a *** frame???

:bounce: tell em Andy :shoot:

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
oh boy now the censors will have to add "***" to their list----- but I know how you feel D2D -- but have never had a problem with my TC's that were not fixed quickly and for no charge eddy

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Eddy M. said:
oh boy now the censors will have to add "***" to their list----- but I know how you feel D2D -- but have never had a problem with my TC's that were not fixed quickly and for no charge eddy
*** equals elmoelmoelmoelmo
:D

Jim

stumpman

Banned
Could you elaborate on that we just had a thread on abrevations but i dont remember seeing that one ::huh: i think i might need my ear plugs on that one. ::ke: :bounce:

DaddyPaul

Rich sorry I got in on this one kinda late. My problems were a weird conglomoration of several factors that led to terrible grouping. This is a little long. Bought a new .25-06 barrel and put a new scope on top of it. Couldn't hit the ocean out of a boat with it. Put the scope on my custom .270 barrel and noticed it wouldn't do its normal .5 to .75 groups either. Put a different scope on the .25-06 and it still shot like crap but a little better. Noticed a little bit of lateral movement in my action when the barrel was locked into battery. Was told it was the "firing pin bushing" which is a little disc that houses the firing pin (imagine that) but also serves another purpose. Depending on how thick the bushing it will determine how tight the barrel locks to the frame if you can picture what I am saying. The bushing is found on the inner side of the frame right where the pin protrudes when fired. Mine was a little undersized and come to find out the .25-06 had a bad crown and the first scope that I mentioned had some issues with roaming. Now I have the .270 barrel, a new bushing and a new scope and she is back to printing pretty dang good. I just had an almost unbelievable set of circumstances that you wouldn't think could all go wrong at once but they did. Did I mention I shot a really nice buck the other day at 272 yards with it? :p ;) T/C treated me like a champ and I got my frame back WAYYYYYY sooner than 8 weeks. I told them I knew Andy! ::huh: