Dairy Queen cheeseburgers…...

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Any chance that is the place on the right hand side as you are heading out of Opelika toward Auburn? My Granny lived in Opelika and there was a walk up tastee freeze type place she would treat us kids to every day when visiting her. That's the best description I can think of for its location, just on the edge of Opelika as it existed 50 years ago, headed west to the Auburn highway.

We usually had already been to either the Opelika city park (with the monkeys in the pen) or city pool then we would stop for an ice cream.

Haven't been over there in many many years.
That's it.

georgia357

A few days ago, I took my daughter there .
She got Chicken strips, fries, a drink and ice cream cone. $26.

Dang, was that $26 just for what she got???

Oldstick

That's it.

Wow! Thanks. I don't remember what it was named back then. I'm fairly sure it was not a DQ at that time, and I seem to remember something about "Freeze" on the sign. Possibly could have been Tastee Freeze.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Wow! Thanks. I don't remember what it was named back then. I'm fairly sure it was not a DQ at that time, and I seem to remember something about "Freeze" on the sign. Possibly could have been Tastee Freeze.
Hopefully I'll be downing a half dozen or so of their chili dogs and a nanner milk shake in a couple of weeks. My Bro lives in Red Hill and his wife works at Auburn and every time I go see them we make at least one trip over there.

Cmp1

BANNED
Hopefully I'll be downing a half dozen or so of their chili dogs and a nanner milk shake in a couple of weeks. My Bro lives in Red Hill and his wife works at Auburn and every time I go see them we make at least one trip over there.
Now you guys got me wanting a Coney,,,,not up here,,,,Back in S MI,,,,FB91FF89-8AFC-46A0-837E-2B231F174DE5.png

Oldstick

Well you have to give credit where credit is due.

Today I was passing by the DQ on the south end of Macon, GA, Pio Nono Ave. I decided to stop and I haven't been there in years. I forgot it still had a walk up window plus a very small inside counter just like the old days. Went to the outside window and was greeted by some of the most polite and friendly and very young African-American employees I have ever encountered in a fast food place for a long time.

I only ordered a misty drink, but the lesson here is don't automatically judge an entire city by it's supposed reputation or the race of people encountered.

Tom W.

That's the place. There is a mobile home sales place next to it. We went by there Sunday but it was closed....we were just on a Sunday jaunt in my car, as it doesn't get used too much. We ended up at Jim & Nick's in Auburn....

Tom W.

We stopped by there today and got the Nanner shake.There was a young lady in there as cute as a pin and no taller than four feet.....