Dairy Queen cheeseburgers…...

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Back in the day, when it was Dairy Queen Braizer, the char broiled burger was the best around. Course they used real beef back then.
First hamburger I ever eat out was a brazier burger.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They`re still about the best storebought hamburgers out there.
Yeah, having grown up in Powder Springs...there was only 3 fast food stores around. 1) the micky d's close to Belmont Hills mall (only went there on the way home...IF we were good at the Piedmont doctor / dentist). 2) the "original" Martin's Drive In in Austell. And 3) the "walkup" D.Q. 1/2 mile bike ride down the road. Those "Brazier" burgers were (and STILL are) the best. But their chili dogs...:waggingfinger:.

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Nic in our neck of the woods most of the Dairy queens are still family owned. The one in Sylvester and Douglas is about the best anywhere. Once you leave South Ga. most are just run of the mill chains.
The one in Powder Springs is still owned by the family that built it (circa 1965-1970). A good friend of mine...his Mom worked there from..well we used to say that she was sit'n there as they poured the foundations..till the day she passed a couple years ago.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Frescos and DQ were the only ones in Tucker until McD.opened around mid 1970's????

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
All the DQ's around here are owned by indians (dot not feather). The blizzards are good, but that's all I'd even consider eating there.
The one in Powder Springs is owned by Muricans

Triple C

Anybody from the Gainesville area remember the DQ on Riverside Drive just up from City Park. Circa 1966 it was the go to place after every Little League game. Loved the brazier burger and the dipped ice cream cones.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Ate a burger at the one in Baldwin a couple months ago. Will stop else where next time I must have a fast food heart attack.