Dang, neither cell cam Transmitting

Bubba_1122

yeah, disappointing for sure, when they work, its awesome...otherwise...

I deleted the app on my phone and then reloaded it.

When I reloaded it started transmitting again.

Headed to the woods this morning. On my way out am going to replace the Spypoints with a pair of Cuddelinks. Just too many challenges with the Spypoints.

coveyrise

I bought 2 of the SPYPOINT Evo cameras and have had them out over a month and can’t believe how quick these cameras transmit the pictures. Almost always in 2 minutes or less. Picture quality is unbelievable. Very happy so far with these cameras.

RipperIII

I deleted the app on my phone and then reloaded it.

When I reloaded it started transmitting again.

Headed to the woods this morning. On my way out am going to replace the Spypoints with a pair of Cuddelinks. Just too many challenges with the Spypoints.
yep, i tried the same thing, deleted the app and reloading it...n

sghoghunter

You have got to be a sales rep or half owner of Spypoint. Give them time I'll promise you'll be ready to bust one with a hammer unless they are your first cellular camera then if so you don't have anything to compare them to. Two mins is extremely slow compared to the other brand I have

sghoghunter

Mark as bad as I hate a Spypoint "aka Spyjunk" it did take an awesome looking pic right at dark last night. Bad thing is they was sitting there watching the hog for 10 minutes before they shot and camera finally decided to take as they pulled up. Also the other brand camera worked as always and they was able to get one off that one as well

Attachments

• IMG_7370.PNG
    IMG_7370.PNG
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7371.PNG
    IMG_7371.PNG
    245.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7373.PNG
    IMG_7373.PNG
    991.6 KB · Views: 24

rosewood

I don't think the camera is the problem on slow transmission. I think it is there server. The camera doesn't send you pictures, it sends them to their server which intern notifies you to go to the server to look at the pictures. If there is a glitch in their server, you get delays. My last 2 wireless cams sent them directly to my phone via MMS texting which I did like better. They did cost more than twice as much and one is obsolete and the other kicked the bucket now.

Rosewood

rosewood

A hog can be 300 yards away in 2 minutes, lol.

Well technically by the DNR regs, we are not supposed to use electronic devices in the pursuit of game. I guess since hogs are not considered game, it is ok to use the wireless cams to pursue them. :)

rosewood

If that law was held up, then GPS units or even smartphones would be illegal to have while hunting.
Probably so. However, the law does require you to log your tags using a smart phone, so would be difficult for them to argue that one court.

I think the "spirit" of that rule when it was written was so you and your buddy didn't go out there with 2 way radios and push the deer toward each other. Now, with modern technology, our DNR has failed to update the rules to clarify what exactly "pursuit of" and electronic devices means.

Might be opening a can of worms if we were to ask for clarification though....

Rosewood

Ihunt

Verizon has changed something trying to stop spamming. It will send to an email address but not a text message. This is the jest of what I was told by someone who is talking to Verizon about the issue. Sorry I can’t answer any questions as all I know is the little I just told you.

Good luck. If you have ATT and are having the issue then your problem is just probably lack of cell service?

RipperIII

my Covert just stopped transmitting this afternoon....can't even see videos that I've previously downloaded with my cell phone,...I can, however see them on my laptop

RipperIII

so,...today the Covert started working again.
Customer service indicated that it was an app issue and that they had contacted the app provider to straighten out the issue.

RipperIII

I bought 2 of the SPYPOINT Evo cameras and have had them out over a month and can’t believe how quick these cameras transmit the pictures. Almost always in 2 minutes or less. Picture quality is unbelievable. Very happy so far with these cameras.
Good for you, I, in no way am trying to dog Spypoint...just relaying my experience thus far.

RipperIII

Good for you, I, in no way am trying to dog Spypoint...just relaying my experience thus far.