Dangerous cows

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I'm out of the livestock bidness. Sold all my gates yesterday. And will start tearing down fences this weekend. I'm gonna plant some more pines and deerhunt the heck out of it.

Corn or food plots?? I hear a guy on here called redneckrichie has some good info you might need. facepalm:

Lukikus2

Almost watched my boss get killed one evening swapping the brahma to a different field. Both on horse, he told me to hang back to cut him off at the gate. That bull tried to kill the horse and him. Can't believe neither one was killed. Busted saddle, watch, hurt horse and ego he stayed to be moved another day. I think I quit right around that time.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
You understand cows and respect their size. Even the most gentle one can hurt you with no bad intentions. Always know your route out.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I know a lot of men that have been seriously hurt by cows. Any time a 1000 to 1200 pound animal decides it wants you out of its way is dangerous.

as many cows as there are, and as many people mess with them, I am surprised there are not more killed each year

One of the members of Balsam Range was hurt by one. Hillbilly might know him personally

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Almost watched my boss get killed one evening swapping the brahma to a different field. Both on horse, he told me to hang back to cut him off at the gate. That bull tried to kill the horse and him. Can't believe neither one was killed. Busted saddle, watch, hurt horse and ego he stayed to be moved another day. I think I quit right around that time.

Brahmas are crazy, no doubt that. And some Brangus are near about as bad.

Lukikus2

Brahmas are crazy, no doubt that. And some Brangus are near about as bad.

That's why I quit! :bounce:

Even with herefords you always have that yearling in the bunch that wants to rule the stockyard running around with that head stuck straight up in the sky. Those are the fun ones to get in the chute without getting kicked. All the brangus we ran in outside the chute. They were to unpredictable. Charlets totally different story. They could be the family pet.

SGADawg

Helped a friend try to pull a calf from a crazy Charolais cow that was mean enough to pull a knife on you. We finally gave up and called the vet. He sedated her and did a C-section. Got her sewed up about the time the sedation wore off and she put all 3 of us in the back of my truck. I had to crawl in the cab and pull up next to the vet's truck so he could climb in his window.

Mexican Squealer

Seen plenty of bumps and bruises between me, my brother and our father. Glad to be out of the cattle business but miss it all the same.

Mexican Squealer

Helped a friend try to pull a calf from a crazy Charolais cow that was mean enough to pull a knife on you. We finally gave up and called the vet. He sedated her and did a C-section. Got her sewed up about the time the sedation wore off and she put all 3 of us in the back of my truck. I had to crawl in the cab and pull up next to the vet's truck so he could climb in his window.

Big head on those white rascals...dad was a vet and helped him many a day and night delivering them.