Dave smith Tom decoy?

1776Flintlock

I have the feeding, submissive and upright hen. Really beautiful decoys. The do cost a bit. I was looking at Strutter Tom but saw that it weight 10 pounds. With all the junk i carry in persuit another 10 pounds is significant. Anyone use this Tom decoy?
I do like Dave Smith decoys, i donated all my other brand decoys for a Church garage sale.
I have seen Tom's hang up on male decoys and a few it did not have any affect.
What do you think? Add this to my toys for boys supply!

1776Flintlock

I've never heard of anyone using one.
Could be the price @$200, not for everyone. But when you see one you will be impressed. I just have to decide on the weight factor and how many Toms are scared off on Tom decoys. I never saw Toms get nervous around he n. Decoys

Gamblinman

I use one whenever I can ride close to the hunt site. It is deadly on gobblers in the early spring.

spydermon

It's a little overkill imo. I'd bet 75% of the birds that come in or see it would shy away. Not all birds will be dominant.
The jake decoy is the best bet. It's not a guarantee either, but a better option to me.
The stutter has its place I'm sure, but the jake is more universal per situation

It is beautiful though. The attention to detail is second to none.

Permitchaser

I use the Primos strutting Tom it fits in the back of my Turkey vest. So far all gobblers run to it. It may be because I us a submissive hen in front of it

six

I'd get two.

Steve Roberts

Get the jake decoy!! Much lighter, and smaller!! My wife uses it with the feeding hen, and the submissive hen with great results!!! The best you can get, but you already know that if you got the 3 hens!!!

1776Flintlock

Thanks all. Just got an email and flyer for $20 off purchases a Cabelas for President's weekend in-store or online. I think i will check out the Tom and Jake.