Dawgs at the Combine

FootLongDawg

3 Dawgs made the top 10 list for not meeting expectations at this years Combine. Surprisingly, DeAndre Bakers stock has dropped since being named all everything and made the list. Not surprising to me anyway was Elijah Hollyfield. Finally, somewhat surprising was Nauta. I said when all these guys decided to leave early there would be a bunch that would soon be saying "Super size that" and it looks like I'm right.

TinKnocker

Apparently all the scouts and experts told Nauta to STAY in school.

As for Baker and Holyfield, it blows me away that just about every season there are a few stars who have bad combines and are suddenly garbage. It's as if there aren't 2-3 solid seasons of game film on these guys.

Holyfield: not to start a GA/AL debate, but that kid literally dragged half of Bamas defense down the field. I understand why Snell and Love get a lot of attention, but if you focus on Holyfield's performance against one of the best run defenses in the nation, it should be obvious his 40 time doesn't mean SQUAT!

Baker: Two full seasons without a single TD allowed. What else needs to be said about him? After the combine all of the Falcons prognosticators QUICKLY shifted their focus from Baker to Greedy. Why?

IMO it's a beauty pageant. They measure these guys in everything other than how they play football. Which is bass ackwards if you ask me.

Coenen

They use the game film you mentioned to measure football ability. The fan's perspective on the combine and the team's perspective are light years apart.

Last edited:

bullgator

Agents get paid either way. That’s why they talk them into leaving early. I’m pretty sure Baker wanted to play in the bowl game until his agent got in his ear.

MudDucker

Staff member
Nauta was the one that ignored everything he was being told and that will leave a mark.

Hollyfield is a tank. Tanks don't run all that fast. The scouts have known what he is and he will get drafted pretty well.

Baker hasn't fallen very far.

FootLongDawg

Besides Baker, I dont think any of the guys that left early paid any attention to anybody. Normally, those who might be mid to late draft picks, ask their college coaches to get NFL evaluations and discuss their options. It seems all our early departures just had it in their mind to leave. Maybe they knew about all the coaching changes about to happen. I still feel they all made a mistake except Baker, including Hollyfield. We shall see

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
CKS got a lot out of some average players, gonna be bad when he gets his stars lined up.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Right now UGA has as much or more talent on their team than any team in the Country. He is just now getting the talent and depth that he needs. There is more talent on the O line backups than any team could start in the sec. He might still be a year away, but when he gets there, he gonna stay for a while. He is playing in the league with the best College football coach in the history of the game.

westcobbdog

Right now UGA has as much or more talent on their team than any team in the Country. He is just now getting the talent and depth that he needs. There is more talent on the O line backups than any team could start in the sec. He might still be a year away, but when he gets there, he gonna stay for a while. He is playing in the league with the best College football coach in the history of the game.

I hope you are right, after losing what our top 3 or 4 leading receivers from last season we are gonna find out soon about our talent and depth.

TinKnocker

CKS got a lot out of some average players, gonna be bad when he gets his stars lined up.
Baker, Reed and Stokes were all 3 ⭐️ recruits.

Twiggbuster

Holyfield should have stayed another year and upped his stock with highlights.
It ain’t like he needs the money now.
His family got plenty.

MudDucker

Staff member
Holyfield should have stayed another year and upped his stock with highlights.
It ain’t like he needs the money now.
His family got plenty.

Actually, his dad has blown most of his money.

He was advised to go now because a bunch of backs are coming out next year.

MudDucker

Staff member

Our most glaring need is on the defense. We need more linemen and linebackers so that more substitutions can be done without much drop off. Our last two battles with bammer were lost due to this.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Our most glaring need is on the defense. We need more linemen and linebackers so that more substitutions can be done without much drop off. Our last two battles with bammer were lost due to this.

What he said. ^ One Deandre Baker is good but it's not good enough against Bama. You need 2 or 3 Deandre Bakers so there's always somebody fresh on the field for the next play.

FootLongDawg

Exactly right. Cant wait to see the LB from Mississippi. Widely compared to Roquan Smith. And a healthy Monte Rice should help.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
And Nakobe Dean and Nolan Smith are on the way.

ddavis1120

I hope the mass departure was a Danny Ware exit. Remember he had a redshirt named Knowshon behind him. Could see the writing on the wall. I suspect Jim Chaney's offense played a big part in the mass exodus.

Go Dawgs!