Death to Harry Potter

atlashunter

School is out this week and my kid is watching Harry Potter. Reminded me of this scene from Jesus Camp.

atlashunter

Yes. That's exactly what we need more of in society and in schools. The loss of it is what's destroying America.

I feel bad for those kids. I was once one of them. How ironic that she says “The devil goes after the young. Those who cannot fend for themselves.” Exactly what she is doing.

ambush80

I feel bad for those kids. I was once one of them. How ironic that she says “The devil goes after the young. Those who cannot fend for themselves.” Exactly what she is doing.

It's the responsibility of adults, particularly parents, to educate and shape young minds. That lady is doing what she thinks is best for those kids and society in general. What would you say to her to make her change her mind?

WaltL1

One thing Ive got admit -
Being raised Catholic I was never exposed to that particular kind of mind uh... (cant use the word after that I want to). The priests pretty much stuck to the Bible.
The scariest part to me was the "Amen" after "Harry Potter would have been put to death".
I didn't think I could despise organized religion any more than I did before but I was just proven wrong.

atlashunter

It's the responsibility of adults, particularly parents, to educate and shape young minds. That lady is doing what she thinks is best for those kids and society in general. What would you say to her to make her change her mind?

Nothing. Her mind is as open to change as the mind of a madrasa headmaster.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
So, is she not espousing the belief that warlocks are real if she is saying that they are the enemy of God ? :rofl:facepalm:

WaltL1

My initial immediate reaction was extreme anger.
Now that Ive got my anger under control, I too feel bad for the kids.

ambush80

Nothing. Her mind is as open to change as the mind of a madrasa headmaster.

Yet extremists sometimes change. I can name several prominent Muslims, some of whom were very devout, and even extremists, who changed their minds. And there are a couple cases of people who left the Westboro cult. They speak openly about it. The one thing they seem to all have in common is exposure to secular ideas of liberty and justice.

atlashunter

Yet extremists sometimes change. I can name several prominent Muslims, some of whom were very devout, and even extremists, who changed their minds. And there are a couple cases of people who left the Westboro cult. They speak openly about it. The one thing they seem to all have in common is exposure to secular ideas of liberty and justice.

Anything is possible but if she hasn’t realized she’s an idiot by now I wouldn’t hold out much hope for her.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Harry potter films are awesome and very well done. I may not agree to some things but its just a movie . I would rank them right up there with the hobbitt and lord of the rings trilogys but just below indiana jones and star wars

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I wouldn’t worry too much, evil is an equal opportunity influence, the world is eat up with it. Kids will be assailed with some form or another, your approval is not required.
I don’t like what she said.

atlashunter

So, is she not espousing the belief that warlocks are real if she is saying that they are the enemy of God ? :rofl:facepalm:

Yes she believes warlocks and sorcerers are real. I grew up in these churches and they believe all of that stuff is real.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes she believes warlocks and sorcerers are real. I grew up in these churches and they believe all of that stuff is real.

I missed those meetins, did y’all get out the snakes too.

atlashunter

I missed those meetins, did y’all get out the snakes too.

No snakes but that would be interesting to watch, from a safe distance.

WaltL1

I wouldn’t worry too much, evil is an equal opportunity influence, the world is eat up with it. Kids will be assailed with some form or another, your approval is not required.
I don’t like what she said.
Don't worry about radical Muslims PopPop.
That they were taught death to _____ doesn't require your approval.