December 7, 1941

Meriwether Mike

Let us not forget the brave Americans who lost their lives in a cowardly attack on our naval and army forces at Pearl Harbor 63 years ago today. If you ever get a chance to go to the Arizona Memorial it will give you chills thinking about what them young men had to go through and those who are entombed there. God bless them all!

Skipper

Banned
There is a radio station 1 county over that every year runs a narration of the attack with a local resident who was stationed there when it happened. It is absolutely the best piece of radio drama I have heard. It airs today at 7 am, 12 noon and 5 pm. They are live on the web at http://www.hay98.com/

Just click the listen live. It's some wierd music to listen to. A mix of blues, country, bluegrass, alternative country, and other assorted, and the dj's are awful, but whoever made this little drama bit was an expert. It's well worth putting up with the rest of the station for today. I guarantee your emotions will run the whole set from mad to sad and you'll likely think you are there beside Lloyd Souleyrette at Pearl Harbor.

Skipper

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Amen

matthewsman

Southern steel

When I went to Pearl Harbor,I was amazed at the #of Japanese Americans that also died there that day.I didn't realize how many of them there were serving for us that were also killed by their own people......Sometimes it boggles the mind,donnie