Decisions, decisions

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I posted back in Nov about my daughter who is a high school senior getting accepted in to University of N Fl. We went over & toured the campus. Nice small campus, but it's in Jax.

Since then she received notification that she's been accepted into FSU Honors College, and then most recently UF.

We could not be more proud of our awesome kid.
She's leaning toward UNF or FSU because they seem to have a stronger medical program. She wants to become a Nurse Practitioner.

She graduates with her AA before she will graduate high school.

I'm trying not to give too much input because I don't want to sway whatever decision she makes, but I would much rather her be in Tallahassee than Jacksonville.
I'm struggling with this. So very proud of her but also worried, not about decisions she will make but about her safety.
She sure is a good youngin. I am very blessed.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Congrats to the daughter and proud parents.

ugajay

First off, congrats on raising a fine young lady. If I was you, I would tell her my fears of her safety from being in Jacksonville. And that you would worry more. But I'd also let her know I'll support her decision, wearing a Seminole shirt

Duff

That is awesome 4hand! Prayers your daughter gets to where she is supposed to be!!

I know you must be a proud dad!

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I’m a red and black bleeding bull dawg but I watched a 23 year old Auburn graduate assemble a surgical team at 4:30 am on a Saturday morning inan ICU room to perform surgery on my wife because she wouldn’t have lived long enough to make it to an operating room. I’m biased. Tallahassee ain’t much better than Jacksonville.

4HAND

Staff member
First off, congrats on raising a fine young lady. If I was you, I would tell her my fears of her safety from being in Jacksonville. And that you would worry more. But I'd also let her know I'll support her decision, wearing a Seminole shirt
Thanks. My wife graduated from FSU. Don't think I can go so far as to wear a Seminole shirt though. ?

ugajay

Thanks. My wife graduated from FSU. Don't think I can go so far as to wear a Seminole shirt though. ?
Haha I don't blame you!!! I'm all dawg through and through. Hey at least if she makes that decision she will know mama has her back!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! I'm with you. I've been to Jax, I've been to Tallahassee. Tallahassee is mo betta.

treemanjohn

Banned
Big congrats. That's a huge milestone in life

I would certainly sell tally because it's closer, but I certainly would not press the issue. Sounds like you're doing it perfectly

4HAND

Staff member
Big congrats. That's a huge milestone in life

I would certainly sell tally because it's closer, but I certainly would not press the issue. Sounds like you're doing it perfectly
Thanks. I'm trying.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congrats 4H, I would choose Tallahassee, though it is getting worse ever day.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
When you Visit Tallahassee and the big bend you are close to some great seafood and fishing 4H. St Marks used to have a couple of good seafood places.