Deer attacked my truck

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This is an odd story but it is deer related. I have 3 of my shoulder mounts on display in my office. A few days ago I decided to take a mount home and bring a different one to the office. It’s the one in my older mount thread.
On my way home I pass very close to where I shot the buck I was hauling back in 2015. It was near this location that deer started running into the roadway. I missed the first two but the 3rd one nailed my F150 good.
Do y’all figure these were kamikaze deer out to free their Grandpa ???
Look closely at the attached image and you will see some of the rack in the passenger seat.
When the deputy got there he thought I had dragged my roadkill into the cab.

I am taking the truck to be fixed next week. View attachment 969934View attachment 969934CD0DE3BD-2CBE-43AB-8515-E5B4EDE9C247.jpeg

Last edited:

jaydawg

This is an odd story but it is deer related. I have 3 of my shoulder mounts on display in my office. A few days ago I decided to take a mount home and bring a different one to the office. It’s the one in my older mount thread.
On my way home I pass very close to where I shot the buck I was hauling back in 2015. It was near this location that deer started running into the roadway. I missed the first two but the 3rd one nailed my F150 good.
Do y’all figure these were kamikaze deer out to free their Grandpa ???
Look closely at the attached image and you will see some of the rack in the passenger seat.
When the deputy got there he thought I had dragged my roadkill into the cab.

I am taking the truck to be fixed next week. View attachment 969934View attachment 969934View attachment 969938

dangit boy! hopefully you got a good description of the "perps" and you can go get you some redemption this fall!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Trolling for deers out of season.
State Farm is out $3500 so far with the advance estimate. That doesn’t count whatever else the body shop finds and a rental truck for me. It’s easy to see why they say insurance lobbies for killing deer.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You must have triggered them deer Milkman. Do you have a Trump sticka on your truck? DNR reports some deer have the TDS.

No MAGA or Trump paraphernalia. I think they were on a mission to free grandpa

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
So you were using a decoy out of season at night on the roadway blinding wildlife and disturbing dens? $3500 sounds about right but what about restitution? Do you still have permission Sir?

Hope your truck gets confiscated you outlaw!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
So you were using a decoy out of season at night on the roadway blinding wildlife and disturbing dens? $3500 sounds about right but what about restitution? Do you still have permission Sir?

Hope your truck gets confiscated you outlaw!

Not entirely true. It was still daylight ;)

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
So now your admitting that your daytime running lights were not on and operating properly during a rain storm driving too fast for conditions speeding and also impersonation of an official officer? The fines are adding up by the minute.
Either way that chrome was blinding wildlife.
Ida bought a grill and parked outta sight for a few days.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Milkman your really a great sport!
Sorry about your truck.
But hey on the bright side your wife can’t complain one bit if you come home with a brushguard.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You must have been traveling pretty fast. Dang deer even knocked off the sparkly eyelashes you had over the headlights. ::ke::bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Same thing happened to my wife a few weeks ago, of course, right after she bought a new car. She didn't have a deer head in her seat, though.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Here it is good as new with over $4000 invested. Akins Ford did the work.

State Farm hooked me up with Hertz and they had me driving a Chevy Colorado while my truck was down. It’s good to be back in a real truck. D0BA952A-78A1-4922-87B3-EAFA4AD0ADB7.jpeg