Deer holding horns

spud23

In the last week I’ve seen 2 8 pointers with both sides of their rack still on. One just a few minutes ago, shouldn’t they have shed already or is it normal for them not to have dropped yet.

kevan tyler

In the last week I’ve seen 2 8 pointers with both sides of their rack still on. One just a few minutes ago, shouldn’t they have shed already or is it normal for them not to have dropped yet.
One ran across the road yesterday and dropped an antler in the road he still had the other side when he ran off

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s it.......I’m making me one of those. I have been using an old cat bowl with the reservoir. Thanks for sharing!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Seen it before.

Date and time are correct.

Attachments

• IM000006.JPG
    IM000006.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 144

buckpasser

Mine should let loose over the next two weeks or so in Thomas Co if they do what they’ve been doing for the past couple of decades.

Possum

Banned
All bucks I’ve got on Wilkes county land shed about 2 weeks ago. Bucks in Habersham county still have both sides. Wife went hiking up yonah Mtn in white county beginning of January and found a fresh shed.

Hunter922

Hinged a few trees today and walked our Cobb property some. We have seen them hold horns till the end of March most years. Seen Tons of deer tracks and a few new scrapes but no sheds so far..

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Saw one this week still carrying half of his rack. I've seen bucks holding onto both sides in turkey season up here in the mountains.

Buckman18

Saw one this week still carrying half of his rack. I've seen bucks holding onto both sides in turkey season up here in the mountains.

This has been my experience as well. The latest date I have personally seen both sides attached is April 23. However, this year I found a fresh shed on Chattahoochee WMA about Jan 10 while hog hunting.

jbogg

I saw a small spike on Dawson Forest yesterday still holding both sides following a doe.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Ive seen several spikes and small forkies over the years way up in april, still holding. They were so small though the new ones might have to push the old ones off.

I wonder if body condition has anything to do with it? Ex. If a big buck gets injured in a fight or wears himself to a frazzle rutting. Will it make him shed earlier than most.

ucfireman

Found today. Coweta. This is the first matched set I've found. And first sheds I've found on my place. Haven't looked till this year. I have all 3 on camera from earlier.
second pic is a nice progression of a 1.5 2.5 and 3.5. All different deer but the years look right to me.

Attachments

• sheds 2019 2.jpg
    sheds 2019 2.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 6
  • sheds 2019.jpg
    sheds 2019.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 6