Deer Quota results are in.

And I didn't get drawn. Wanted to go to Osabaw. Just went and registered for the Cumberland Island hunt and paid my $35. Looks like there are still open spaces there if anyone else missed out. Anyone else get a hunt they wanted?

Last edited:

patcavscout

I got Di-Lane 1st hunt (second year in a row!) and I got Mistletoe State Park. Life is going pretty good for me in with the hunting prospects this season.

I don't think I bid correctly. I would have been happy to go to a less competitive hunt, but I put ossabaw Island primitive weapons first with priority points. Sapelo Island should have been easier to get but I put it as my second choice and got nothing. Guess I should have put up more points or gone with Sapelo as my first pic.

12gamag

Sapelo was my first pick with no priority points. I usually get first gun hunt but not this year- got the rejection point. I guess a lot of people must by have applied.

I was disappointed for a minute, then I went and registered for Cumberland Island. You can use a pistol there on the primitive hunts. I'm going to give it a try. I know the success rate is lower, but I'm going on an island hunt! Maybe the state should tie the quota bid to a small fee, I had to pay $35 upfront to bid on Cumberland. It would keep the anti hunters from trying to lock up spots. Maybe a $20 charge that applied towards your license fees, so it wouldn't be a burden to folks on a budget.

Last edited:

12gamag

I dont think its anti hunters. They only draw like 125 people for sapelo so if you dont have it on a first pick you may not get it. Last year I think the draw success rate for first rifle hunt at sapelo is like 70 % with no points

12gamag

But I agree with you on a returnable fee. That would weed out a lot of no shows and people who really never go and just take up spots

bilgerat

Senior
I got drawn for River Creek second hunt with only 1 rejection point!. This will be My 3rd time getting drawn for this hunt down there. I'm surprised I got picked, Last time it took 3 rejection points to get drawn. Man I love that place.

Our party of 4 got drawn for the 4th hunt on Ossabaw, will be our second trip to the island. Took us 2 points, went for the December hunt hoping maybe it won't be so hot and buggy

vahurst

I got drawn for Ossabaw with no points. Surprised me, as there has been a 0% chance in previous years. Now I gotta see if I can get off work.

Timberman

My son and I were drawn for the 3rd Sapelo hunt. Now waiting for Piedmont in the mail

steve woodall

I got Hard Labor Creek state park and Clybel 2nd hunt.

Mk20rockeye

I drew the clybel 2d Hunt as well and my daughter dew the buck shoals youth hunt, 2d round. This is my first time putting in for a quota hunt, so we’ll see.

BASS1FUN

1st Rum Creek WMA for me, only appplied for points for State Park. I’ve killed them with my bow over there this is my first rifle hunt over there.

Christian hughey

CFL Almo 1st hunt no points, still waiting on Panola Mtn. For 5 yrs now. Maybe one day. Hunted piedmont with my pop for years. Great place to fill the freezer, very easy to get selected 1200 spots for each hunt. You can sign up for more than 1 hunt. I thought 1200 was a bit much but it never maxes out and easy to get away from the crowd if familiar with the area. Good luck.