Democrats cause 3 year old to cry......

Thread starter #1

Throwback

Democrats accused of ripping Bush signs

By Robert Stacy McCain
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A West Virginia man said yesterday that Democrats stole his family's Bush-Cheney campaign signs at an event featuring Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards.
"They just pounced on us," said Phil Parlock, who took his 11-year-old son, Alex, and 3-year-old daughter, Sophia, to the Democratic rally at Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va.
Sophia became briefly famous yesterday when an Associated Press photo showing her in tears after Democrats tore her sign to pieces was posted on Matt Drudge's Web site, www.drudgereport.com.

"She was crying; they were pushing and shoving her," said Mr. Parlock, a Huntington real estate agent. "She was scared."
Sophia is the youngest of 10 children in a proudly patriotic family. The oldest two Parlock children, a 22-year-old daughter and a 21-year-old son, are members of the West Virginia Army National Guard, and a third Parlock — who recently turned 18 — will be sworn into the guard tomorrow, Mr. Parlock said.
The Parlocks went to Mr. Edwards' airport rally yesterday "to support the president," Mr. Parlock said, and brought nine Bush-Cheney signs with them.
"We stood there quietly while Senator Edwards went through the receiving line," he said. Then, as the North Carolina Democrat prepared to leave, Mr. Parlock said, "I took out a few Bush-Cheney signs, gave one to Alex, and Sophia and I held up one jointly."
Immediately, he said, the family was set upon by supporters of Mr. Edwards and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry — "mostly the painters union guys" — who "started stealing my signs." Soon, "old women and college students joined in the fracas," said Mr. Parlock, describing himself as "strictly a volunteer, grass-roots supporter" of the president. Mr. Parlock ran unsuccessfully for his local school board this year.
After the family returned home from the rally yesterday, he said, a friend called to tell him about the AP photo on the Drudge site. "In the picture, you can see one of the painters union guys has a piece of one of my signs in his hand."
A call to the Kerry-Edwards campaign last night was not returned.
Anti-war demonstrators have complained in recent weeks that they have been manhandled by security agents at Bush-Cheney campaign events.

Thread starter #2

Throwback

Immediately, he said, the family was set upon by supporters of Mr. Edwards and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry — "mostly the painters union guys" — who "started stealing my signs." Soon, "old women and college students joined in the fracas," said Mr. Parlock,
Typical democrat humps........

Union/communists, old hippie/crackhead women and spike haired college pukes.

T

Heres another story you might like! What is wrong with these people? You know I used to think Independently and would vote for the person, but after reading all the crap this year I will NEVER vot a Democrat again!! These people are NUTS!

I personally do not understand how anybody could be associated with this party!

BTW, Throwback tell us how you REALLY feel. :bounce:

Shoot any trophy buttonhead bucks lately? :bounce: :speechles

By Alfonso A. Castillo
Staff Writer

September 16, 2004

A spirited debate on presidential politics aboard an Alaska-bound airplane has turned into an international incident, and left a Huntington Station retiree locked up in a Canadian jail on criminal charges, authorities said yesterday.

Michael Husar, 58, was arrested Friday after allegedly having an alcohol-induced bout of air rage aboard a Northwest Airlines flight to Anchorage, which was diverted to Winnipeg, Manitoba, because of the incident.

Husar, a retired registered nurse at the Northport VA Medical Center, faces local Manitoba provincial charges of causing a disturbance and criminal mischief that caused damages over $5,000 Canadian, the latter of which is punishable by two years in prison. He also faces a less serious federal charge of violating federal aeronautics regulations.

"He's mad as ****," said Husar's Canadian attorney, John Corona, adding that Husar plans to sue the airline.

Husar boarded Flight 849 in Minneapolis on his way from New York to visit some friends in Alaska, his wife, Linda, said yesterday. Officials said Husar, a supporter of Sen. John Kerry, was engaged in a discussion on the upcoming presidential election with a woman seated next to him - a President George W. Bush supporter - when she became turned off by his belligerent attitude and complained to the flight staff.

The woman also did not like that Husar would touch her leg and shoulder when he spoke to her, authorities said. Corona said Husar had "had a few drinks."

Russell Ridd, supervising senior crown attorney for the Manitoba Justice Department, said that when flight attendants approached Husar, he became enraged, deliberately spilling a container of alcohol and engaging in "the boisterous behavior of a drunk."

Ridd said the pilot deemed the situation "a minor emergency" and called for an abrupt landing. An armed marshal sat next to Husar until the plane reached a Winnipeg airport, where Husar was kicked off and promptly arrested.

"It strikes me as a bit of an overreaction," said Corona, adding that Husar quickly calmed down on the plane after being reprimanded. "There was no threat or no violence. Certainly nobody was at risk safety-wise."

But Northwest spokesman Thomas Becher said the emergency landing was necessary. "Safety and security is our top priority," he said.

Husar posted $4,300 Canadian bail yesterday on the charges and was free to return home, on several conditions, including that he not fly or possess any alcohol. Corona said the airline is also seeking $10,000 in fuel costs from Husar.

At Husar's home yesterday, his wife said she was very concerned and upset over the incident, adding that she had only heard once from her husband, shortly after he was arrested. Linda Husar said it sounded as if he may "have had a little too much to drink," but she believed authorities overreacted. She said her husband, who worked at the VA hospital for 25 years, is a "very patriotic" Air Force veteran, who's recently been "disappointed" with President Bush. She also said Husar tends to be "animated" in conversations.

"I'm disappointed that his vacation got messed up," she said.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

GeauxLSU

When you have nothing but desperation, you do really really stupid things. You can see one of the jerks in the picture with a piece of the sign he apparently tore out of her hands as she sits there crying and he's got a smirk on his face.
I'm a supporter of Bush. If a Bush supporter did that to a 3 year old girl who happened to be carrying a Kerry sign (regardless of how dumb her father was to bring her there), I'd do my dead level best to feed him that sign! :mad:
What a bunch of LOSERS!!!Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

Remember, they are the 'compassionate' party. Wonder why they didn't give the guy's name on the left that tore the sign out of her hand? Hmmmm? :mad:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
LE should use this photo to charge the bums with battery or assault, whichever is fitting!

That photo really pretty well sums up the character of the party.

I'll not try to improve on Throwback's description. He pretty well summed it up!

JBowers

As if a PeTA person showing up at a hunting rally would be treated any differently by a small segment of the larger group. There are idiots and nuts on both sides of the isle; neither side has a monopoly.

The only thing I can discern for sure is that a sign was torn, assuming the picture is not a fake. We don't even know for a fact why the girl is crying; however, a conservative is blaming the democrats for making her cry (see title of thread; is the pot calling the kettle black?). If what the man says is a true account of what really happened, I definitely do not condone the actions of those who mistreated this man and his family (they acted inappropriately and disrespectfully), but the "victim's" actions weren't exactly rational or commonsensical either. It's like sticking your hand into a tigers cage and then whining about getting your arm bit.

JBowers

Jeff Young said:
LE should use this photo to charge the bums with battery or assault, whichever is fitting!
The photo shows no proof that a crime, particularly battery or assault, was committed!

GeauxLSU

JBowers said:
As if a PeTA person showing up at a hunting rally would be treated any differently by a small segment of the larger group. There are idiots and nuts on both sides of the isle; neither side has a monopoly.

I definitely do not condone the actions of those who mistreated this man and his family (they acted inappropriately and disrespectfully), but the "victim's" actions weren't exactly rational or commonsensical either. It's like sticking your hand into a tigers cage and then whining about getting your arm bit.
John,
You apparently don't expect as much out of people as I do.
If a PETA doofus showed up at a hunting rally with their THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no hunter would rip a sign out of that three year old little girl's hand. And if one did, I'm going to also say he'd probably suffer some 'discipline' from his fellow hunters! Secondly, PETA has shown themselves repeatedly to be violent people by physically attacking those with whom they do not agree so that's stretching the analogy IMHO.
THIS afterall just is POLITICS and the Dems, who constantly put themselves forward as the compassionate gentile party, yet continue to reach new lows that the Reps do NOT stoop to. They are bigger hypocrits and show it daily.
You are also aware apparently by your statement that the actions of the victim NEVER justify the crime of the perpetrator. A lion is not a person and not responsible for it's actions.
"Well she 'deserved' to be raped wearing that skimpy clothes in a bar...."
The guys that did that to that child deserved to be whipped. Literally. :mad:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

JBowers said:
The photo shows no proof that a crime, particularly battery or assault, was committed!
Jeff,
The 3 year old ripped the sign up herself and gave a piece to the gentle stranger standing next to her at which point she was moved to tears by the special moment they shared, or it just 'jumped' into his hand but OBVIOUSLY a PHOTOGRAPH could never be used to support the eyewitnesses' claims that it was ripped out of her hands and destroyed by him.

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

JBowers

GeauxLSU said:
You apparently don't expect as much out of people as I do. If a PETA doofus showed up at a hunting rally with their THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no hunter would rip a sign out of that three year old little girl's hand.
Under the assumption that everyone acts rationally your limb may not break!

Secondly, PETA has shown themselves repeatedly to be violent people by physically attacking those with whom they do not agree so that's stretching the analogy IMHO.
Under the assumption that there are no PeTA members who are non-violent. Do we know for a fact that these violent individuals are even PeTA members? We know you can donate to PeTA, but can you really join and be a member? Can you support a position w/o being a member of an organization? The fact, is that some individuals who support animal-rights/anti0hunting causes/positions are violent, but they also don't represent everybody in that group. Research indicates a correlation between hunting and violence, are all hunters violent? Obviously, no. Are some? Yes. Do those individuals represent us all? No and Yes. Have individual hunters attacked others that they don't agree with at functions? Yes. Is the analogy a stretch? No.

THIS afterall just is POLITICS and the Dems, who constantly put themselves forward as the compassionate gentile party, yet continue to reach new lows that the Reps do NOT stoop to. They are bigger hypocrits and show it daily.
Very, very subjective opinion Phil; but its yours. Mine is that both are equal opportunity hypocrites.

You are also aware apparently by your statement that the actions of the victim NEVER justify the crime of the perpetrator. A lion is not a person and not responsible for it's actions.
I agree, but this still doesn't excuse the guy's apparent idiotic decision. No to mention, there still is no proof that a crime was committed. Nor I have seen proof yet that the sign was ripped from his daughters hands - just his version of the story and that doesn't necessarily equate to proof.

As would be expected, a biased judgement.

GeauxLSU

John,
You're right, PETA says they are a non-violent group just like the dems so the analogy does work, it's just backwards.
You think they are equal opportunity hypocrits, I do not. You'd think we'd here more about the violence of Reps on the opposition from that non-partisan press but for some strange reason it almost always seems to be the Dems...? ::huh:
I said in my first post the guy didn't make a wise decision but that is still irrelevant to the reported actions of an ADULT on a THREE year old.
Though I appreciate your consistent and never ended attempt to but the Dems and Reps on an equal playing field, they simply do NOT play the game the same way or on the same field.
Yes, MHO.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

JBowers

GeauxLSU said:
The 3 year old ripped the sign up herself and gave a piece to the gentle stranger standing next to her at which point she was moved to tears by the special moment they shared,...
You have offered a plausible premise!

...or it just 'jumped' into his hand but OBVIOUSLY a PHOTOGRAPH could never be used to support the eyewitnesses' claims that it was ripped out of her hands and destroyed by him.
Of course, paper can't jump and a photograph can be taken at any point in time to show a flawed presentation of what actually may or may not have occurred. Maybe the girl was crying becuase she didn't want to be there, but her dad made her go. Maybe the signs got ripped out of the Dad's hand after he made derogratory comments toward his opposition and now he using his daughter for sympathy. This too is a plausible premise. I don't know what really happened and nobody else on this thread does either, yet a rush to judgement w/o any credible, conclusive facts.

Your assumption is that such testimony is the absolute truth. Did you even notice the entire story is one-sided? Eyewitness claims are not concrete evidence and subject to intense scrutiny; they offer very little in conclusive evidence. The inherent unreliability of such testimony is legally well documented. A problem with it, which your posts have substantiated, is that many people believe it to be generally reliable and persuasive. However, it can be quite inaccurate and the inaccuracies are not necessarily detectable in the absence of objective criteria or w/o the presence of credible facts. People lie, people see things they want to, and they embellish to support their position.

L

Lucky Chandler

Beyond a reasonable doubt?

John,

I think this is a losing battle you're fighting - it is a constant source of amazement how quickly knees jerk and conclusions are jumped to - that picture proves nothing at all except that a little girl is on her father's shoulders with something in her hands (assuming, as you mentioned, that the picture is real) ... and there's absolutely NO evidence of an assault, or a battery in that picture ...
anyone who questions why a criminal defendant gets twice the jury strikes the State gets should read this thread.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
AH, Lucky! We have drawn you from your cover! Welcome back to the new & improved fire!

You are correct that the pic in and of itself proves nothing. However, with a minute tiny bit of imagination & effort, the photographer as well as a number of the others in attendence could be persuaded by a prosecutor to testify to the events leading up to the moment in time portrayed in the photo.

Why, I'd reckon that the individual in the picture that doesn't even know which way up is could easily be convienced that he should testify against the evil bully in order to evade prosecution himself.

I can certainly agree that the man holding the little girl should be ashamed for carrying his daughter into harms way, in effect using her as a human shield. However, that does not mean that his and her civil rights to express their political views in a public area without being harmed by union thugs should be taken from him.

Again, welcome back, Lucky!

10/29 should indeed be a hoot! :flag:

Last edited:
L

Lucky Chandler

The 29th ought to be as good as the opening day of deer season ... well, close anyway. ;)

I hope I can decide who to vote for by then ... :D

GeauxLSU

You guys are amusing...

I'm sure it was just all made up, (photshop picture, fake AP reporter and report who will be fired once this hoax is revealed, etc... etc...) like every other report of their criminal and destructive well, let's just call it 'pranks' why don't we, since they are acting like children after all....

Who said the picture was PROOF of anything? Unreal. :rolleyes: The picture could be used as EVIDENCE to support a CHARGE made by an individual and apparently witnessed by others and reported by that bastion of conservatism, the Associated Press. But to Lucky's point, nothing will happen, given the affiliation of the parties involved that is.
But once again ya'll have successfully diverted, to a certain degree, attention away from the issue, which is, in case anyone forgot, Democrats AGAIN, acting violenty and irrationally in the name of politics despite their self proclaimed pacifist idealogy. (And THAT by the way, is a particularly vile type of hypocrisy in my book.) In this case, particularly deplorable in that it was apparently aimed at a toddler! :confused:

Just curious, how many Democrats were arrested at the RNC? How many Republicans were arrested at the DNC?

Yep, the parties and their followers are EXACTLY the same. :rolleyes:

Ya'll are in lock step, I'll give you that, and entertaining! When do you go on the road and how much are tickets? ;)

JB, this may not be possible with the crash of the old board but can you give me an example of where anyone posted ANYTHING contrary to the Democratic party or it's members and you did NOT immediately point out some related, or non-related, flaw that you perceived in the Republican party instead of condeming the rightful party who commited the act? (assuming you posted at all that is). If so, I'm going to copy the text and save it on my computer for future reference to remind me you do not blindly defend the Dems by using the "two wrongs make a right" defense.

I call a spade a spade and when this administration has done something I don't agree with I say so. When the Dems do something wrong I say so as well, without going through the strange exercise of trying to somehow justify their actions by the failings of any other party, imagined, preceived, or real.

:flag:

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil