Democrats to vote on bill to make your gun illegal

shdw633

The Dems will certainly try to attach this to any "must pass" legislation in the senate
That will be certain death for that bill. You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. They will never attach anything like this to must have legislation for that very reason.

Thread starter #23

lampern

Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Full Committee
10:00 a.m. in 2141 Rayburn House Office Building
Markup of: H.R. 1236, the “Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2019”; H.R. 1186, the “Keep
Americans Safe Act”; and H.R. 2708, the “Disarm Hate Act”.

Markup yesterday was cancelled. I hope Democrats realize gun control is a losing issue

StanB1

I like the catchy name they came up with - “The Keep America Safe Act”. Who in his right mind wouldn’t vote to keep us safe?

Note: We will not address illegal immigration as a means of keeping us safe at this time.

Thread starter #26

lampern

Sayin they are going to vote on this Monday.

I believe Doug Collins is the senior GOP member of this committee so if you live in his district, drop him a message

Thread starter #27

Dub

Top Chef
Democrats to vote on bill to make your gun illegal when we should be voting on a bill to make democrats illegal.

Dub

Top Chef
"Keep Americans Safe Act".............................what a ridiculous name.

The basic premise for all the laws is so asinine. Those who are bent on destruction don't care about laws.

What's needed aren't less guns.......but MORE guns. Armed citizens who can defend themselves.

Agreed but some people actually want to know when their rights are being taken away.
The words being used to take your liberty way are not important for at that point words become meaningless and actions (by everyone) count for everything.

4HAND

Nadler just said bill would keep a person from "exhibiting dangerous behavior" from getting a gun (paraphrased).

Who determines "dangerous behavior"?
A liberal psychologist?

Real slippery slope here folks.