Diesel truck question

Duff

I have a f-350 7.3. Good motor, but you better hold on when it does break down :whip: :whip:

Slug-Gunner

Ross-Magnusan Act!

stumpman said:
also so get you a ford if you want but they didnot stand behind it for me even hired a lawyer to write a note to ford and they wouldnt help because i didnt let them change my oil at the dealership which is about 25 miles away. good luck!

It's been quite a few years since I found out about it and am not sure about the name or spelling of it, but the Ross-Magnusan Act which was passed in the early 90's requires that if an auto/truck mfg requires you to use only THEIR BRAND OF OIL or REQUIRES IT BE SERVICED AT THEIR DEALERSHIP, then THEY MUST FURNISH MATERIALS AND LABOR FREE!

::; :clap: :clap: :p

PS: Maybe one of the lawyers that frequent Woody's can help me out with the correct name or stipulations of this Act.

Last edited:

Skipper

Banned
I'm not talking about the ride of Ford v's Chevy. I'm talking about the handling of the 2 trucks. Back when I had my old half ton Ford when the bass club headed to a tournament, it was blatanatly obvious what I'm saying. On the highway, my 300-6 truck with 20' Ranger was no match for the 350 chevy's in the pickups and suburbans. But, head to Dale Hollow where the road is curvy and not an interstate, and that tired old 6 cylinder would run over the Chevys because the old I beam suspension was about 20 times stiffer on the front end than the a-arm type Chevy used. At the time, I even had a GMC, and it made a difference where we were going as to what I pulled with.

Even empty, in this country where the roads are crooked, the Chevys have too much body roll in and out of the curves. That's why I don't like the newer F150's and one major reason that I went with a F250.

Skipper

Buckbuster

After everything I have read here I think my old 94 F-150 might be the one to keep. I have 140,000 miles on it, had to rebuild the transmission once. 1 new steering box, other than that just normal maintenance. 1 water pump and timing chain. This truck pulls a 3000 pound piece of equipment all around Atlanta and 50 miles north of there, on the road and off the road. I have to squeeze it into some tight places and often steep at the same time. I may just put a new engine in it when the time comes. I always put it in 4WD when I am in peoples yard. It has the 5.0 liter engine.

stumpman

Banned
Buck i would keep that truck to pull it with i use my old 88 ford 4x4 to pull mine with unless im going a long ways away with it i use to use the diesel it did a good job when it ran right dont get me wrong it was a good truck it just had issues i guess.

F250

Banned
01 F250 7.3 AT, CC, LB,4X4. 188,500 miles on it!! I pull a 10,000# trailer about 8% of the time!! I didn't even change the belt untill 160,000 miles!! Didn't even look at the trans fluid but 4 times untill 141,000 miles and then I flushed it and put in Mobil 1 Syn fluid!! Haven't checked it sense!! I've never had a single problem with it!!

The only problems with Diesels were with GM products. I will never own another GM product because of them!!

stumpman

Banned
Not the only ones are gm my 7.3 01 f250 was a piece of junk wont own another ford diesel again because of it they cost to much to fix and mine stayed in the shop 5 low volume oil pumps and ford would do nothing to fix it the patched it till out of warrenty i might buy a ford gas 250 but doubtfull.

Toliver

i might buy a ford gas 250 but doubtfull.

I wouldn't recommend it. Not unless you just like the view from the gas pumps.

stumpman

Banned
i probably wont buy a ford again anyway but it cant be worse than this new chevy i got 13.9 mpg comming home from sc the other day it gets 11.2 around town i stop at about every station i pass.

tknight

I have the duramax, this is my second truck. Can't complain. Get 17 mpg back and forth to work, and get 21 mpg on long trips. We have had fords in the past and I honestly think this new duramax with the allison transmission is by far the best package. But having said that unless you really are going to pull loads regular I would stick with a gas burner, cheaper up front and not as much up keep. And maybe most important you want have to worry about getting stuck as much.