Dining Room Table

lonewolf247

I enjoy doing a few woodworking projects, every now and then, when I have spare time. Most of what I’ve done is really rustic, and not so much precise and perfectly dimensional, ha. I built a few pieces of furniture, for my house, I just never thought about sharing them. This is my dining table, I made out of reclaimed heart pine, and cypress.

Attachments

• 23BC5A3F-14AB-450A-A23A-B86F9A35C64C.jpeg
    23BC5A3F-14AB-450A-A23A-B86F9A35C64C.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 1551480077845.jpeg
    1551480077845.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 254

lonewolf247

That is too pretty to risk someone scratching it up or dinging it!
It's made to be rustic, maybe it might add character. :cool:

All joking aside, this is the second handmade one I've had. The last one, I bought a clear piece of glass, cut to that size to cover it. I had originally planned to do the same with this one. At this point, I'm not sure whether to cover it, or leave it as is?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It's made to be rustic, maybe it might add character. :cool:

All joking aside, this is the second handmade one I've had. The last one, I bought a clear piece of glass, cut to that size to cover it. I had originally planned to do the same with this one. At this point, I'm not sure whether to cover it, or leave it as is?

Leave as it is. As it get's dinged it will look even older, more Antique.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Wow! Very Nice!

tr21

omg! what a beautiful kitchen table. :love: if he were to give it to me he wouldn't have to worry about scratches. It would look OH SO GOOD IN MY CABIN! great job lonewolf

lonewolf247

omg! what a beautiful kitchen table. :love: if he were to give it to me he wouldn't have to worry about scratches. It would look OH SO GOOD IN MY CABIN! great job lonewolf

Thanks man! It's not really that hard to make a similar table. The hardest part would be trying to duplicate the wood on the table top. It's actually old ship lapped grooved pine wood that was matted under the roofing on an old house. The tar paper had bleed into the grain of the wood, from the heat, all those years.

I originally bought some of it, to possibly use as flooring, when I built my house. I ended up going another route. So anyhow, I've been using it to make a few projects.

The legs are made from cypress, from an old shed, that was painted green. I ran them lightly through my planer, just enough for the wood to start coming through, then sealed them with polyurethane.

Anyhow, I just used what I had access to. You could do the same. It's fun working with old wood.

Last edited:

tr21

I agree with you about it being fun working with wood. I built my own house. all the bedroom and bathroom walls and ceilings are pine tongue and groove. I handpicked every piece, sanded, used a natural stain and clearcoated, then hung them and finished with another coat of clear. its cool what you can see in the knots and grains in the walls if you sit and look. I have a pizza and one eyed deer in my bathroom, a old set of scales and a squirrel in my bedroom among other things.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s a beautiful piece for sure. Thanks for posting.
Jeff