Discount Baitcasters

Coenen

A $35 reel that lasts two years of fishing vs. a $350 one that lasts five or six. Hmmmm. I've tried all kinds of stuff from cheap unusable junk to high-end stuff. I fish hard, but IMO, the top-shelf stuff is not worth the price. There is a happy medium between cheap junk and look-at-me elitist gear, where it doesn't cost a fortune, but it still performs reliably and catches fish. That's where I usually settle.
Economics 101, the concept of diminishing returns. ?

CDW

I bought a $99 shimano casitas and am very impressed with it. It’s better than the $180 13 concept a reel I have, so I’m really anxious to try a higher end shimano. I’d really like to try a Diawa tatula after reading these posts.

RamblinWreck

I have a Tatula LT spinning reel 1000 size on my panfish/trout rod, and it is really nice IMO. I'll definitely check the baitcaster out.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Noticed the other day that I had a casting rod without a reel, and since nature abhors a vacuum, I pulled the trigger on an el cheapo KastKing baitcaster on Amazon. Reviews were plentiful and positive, and for $40 the price was certainly right. I'm interested to see what this reel is all about. I'm not expecting miracles, but if it does the job, I'll be pretty pleased. Anyone else tried their luck with one of these or maybe one of the "Piscifun" branded reels?
I have one of those kastking reels and only fished it once. Don't like the handle or grips on it. Paid about $45 Seems to be a good reel for the price. Obviously not going to compete with a Diawa, Shimano, or something like that, but for general purpose bass fishing or just Backup reel, it preforms pretty well actually.