Dish netwok-Channel 46 WGCL

Thread starter #1
Well, it looks like Dish is in yet another fight with another provider over costs and is threatening to drop this channel on July 15th if they cannot come to terms. Dish has recently dropped all my HBO, Starz and some other movie channels (owned by AT&T and Direct) which was very annoying, but now they are messing with the channel that show a lot of the Dawg games, and I simply cannot live with that. My home in Marietta is serviced by dish, and I pay for a non- DVR unit at my hunting club in Sparta which has no other available service except satellite. I watch a lot of Dawg games during hunting season at the hunting club, as well as other SEC games plus golf. In order to service both places, do I have any other choice but to tell Dish to stuff it and go to Direct? I have been with Dish since they started, even back when they were Echostar, but have never been a big fan. I find their customer service awful, and no real bargain on monthly cost. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I think with dish, you can get a low cost add-on device that will let you watch all your local channels over the air and not have to pay for them through the dish service...
IIRC...

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
I think with dish, you can get a low cost add-on device that will let you watch all your local channels over the air and not have to pay for them through the dish service...
IIRC...
This right here,,,,

sinclair1

You have lots of choices at home, but in Sparta as you know it's hard to pick up any over the air signals, so the Dawg games would be tough without dish.

Thread starter #7
Hopefully Dish and WGCL can work it out. But I thought the same thing with Dish and HBO and was wrong. I guess I will wait and see, but if they can't I will just go to Direct.