Disney World

Label Dawg

I have been "lovingly encouraged" to plan a family vacation to WDW by wife....

SPECIFICS:
Dates: April 2 - 9th, 2005 (Spring Break)
Family of 4 (2 Adults, 2 kids ages 12 and 8 years old)

I know...it will be jam-packed then but we have no choice as the wife is a public school teacher.

I ordered the vacation planner guide and am now successfully confused (Disney's mission, in my opinion).

Anyone ever stay @ the Wilderness Lodge?
I would appreciate any advice or tips from the folks on here that go every few years....and have a good experience.

QuakerBoy

what are you looking for in a room?

In all seriousness, we spent about 30 minutes a day in our room. Besides sleeping of course.

We got up, got dressed and left for the day. Came back to swim and sleep.

If you just want a place to lay your head and don't mind sharing a room with your kids, you may want to consider the all star resorts or the pop century. They are a basic room with 2 double beds.

If you want a little nicer place, the wilderness lodge looked beautiful, but I could not see the need to spend the extra money.

Also.....get preferred seating for "the festival of the lion king" show in Animal kingdom. The best show in Disney IMO

And the 3D movies in the parks are incredibly realistic

have fun

Eshad

LabelDawg, how old are your kids? We went two years in a row, in 2002 and 2003, and would have to say these were some of my most memorable vacations. We had a blast! Couldn't afford the Wilderness Lodge, stayed outside the park. I hope to be able to go back maybe next year. At that time kids were 4 and 8(2002), and 5 and 9(2003). Had a great time! Good luck!

Eshad

feathersnantlers

I'll be there, the same week.

Just look for the Woody's Hat.

My dad has a time share outside the resort. So lodging is free.

We went 2 yrs ago and stayed at the Coronado Resort. Great place. My son was only 3 and daughter was 1 but we still had a great time.

Just never go in the summer. Even for a lifelong Ga. boy it was HOT!

O

OFD2Truck

As an Orlanod resident, I feel your pain :banginghe Try to save a little money by buying food and going back to your room and eating. A little A/C durring that time wouldnt be bad either. Shuttles take you to a fro I beleive for free. For what its worth, I cant stand the rat! Good luck and know you have a fellow woodys member here so you arent alone so far from home!