DNR biologists consider CWD a real threat to Georgia's deer herd

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Well baiting in hunting and fishing is apples and oranges. Just as I don't blind shoot in hopes of hitting a deer.

How is it different? It's enticing another living thing with "BAIT" for a human to throw it in a cooler to consume at a later date.. Without "BAIT" do you think you would stand a good chance at catching a fish with just a bare hook?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
How is it different? It's enticing another living thing with "BAIT" for a human to throw it in a cooler to consume at a later date.. Without "BAIT" do you think you would stand a good chance at catching a fish with just a bare hook?

Do we cast for deer, and shoot fish? 2 different worlds. Not a good analogy. Referencing fishing for hunting issues.

Browning Slayer

Do we cast for deer, and shoot fish? 2 different worlds. Not a good analogy. Referencing fishing for hunting issues.

I've shot plenty of fish.. :huh:

I cast for Alligators when I hunt them as well..:huh:

XIronheadX

Well keep shooting those carp and gar. You bait alligators as well. All different things.

XIronheadX

If everyone saw it as "something to throw in a cooler to consume at a later date" only, there wouldn't be much left. That's why everything disappeared 100 yrs ago. That's why they stock lakes, have fisheries. Everything is managed. Deer restocked. Turkeys captured and restocked. That leaves you with wild pigs, gar, and carp, lol. No matter how you cut it, or slice it, it's a sport with the privilege of getting to eat it in 2018. If you take the sport out of it, then it's just food stamps for wildlife. Option B is farming, option C is being totally reliant on the grocery store. Simplifying it, and causing problems, makes no sense. Go hunt and fish.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
As long as you aren't casting for both it's all good.

Well, in a club we had for a couple of decades, on Lake Sinclair, we did award a trophy to the largest buck landed. One of the members shot the buck and he promptly ran out in the lake and died. He used a 7 ft spinning rod with a Rapala with double trebles on it and hooked him in the nose on the first cast. It took him 30 minutes to land him on 12 lb mono.

XIronheadX

Well, in a club we had for a couple of decades, on Lake Sinclair, we did award a trophy to the largest buck landed. One of the members shot the buck and he promptly ran out in the lake and died. He used a 7 ft spinning rod with a Rapala with double trebles on it and hooked him in the nose on the first cast. It took him 30 minutes to land him on 12 lb mono.

Lol. that beats cold water. I hunted next to the shores of Sinclair in the late 80's but landed none. Killed one with horns like arthritis about 300 from the water though.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

OK. I'll play.

Its legal to use corn to bait a raccoon into a trap and kill it

--but--

its illegal to put out corn to attract raccoons, run them with dogs till they tree and then kill the raccoon.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
OK. I'll play.

--but--

its illegal to put out corn to attract raccoons, run them with dogs till they tree and then kill the raccoon.

We need more hunters and fewer pencil pushing politicians in office. Hope this helps.

XIronheadX

OK. I'll play.

--but--

I don't play. I just kill turkey nest destroying coons in season. I'd have killed 2 the other week, but it wasn't coon killing time.
Best advice I can give you is ask the wildlife biologists. Probably has something to do with dogs, and trapping seasons.

Browning Slayer

Well keep shooting those carp and gar. You bait alligators as well. All different things.

If everyone saw it as "something to throw in a cooler to consume at a later date" only, there wouldn't be much left. That's why everything disappeared 100 yrs ago. That's why they stock lakes, have fisheries. Everything is managed. Deer restocked. Turkeys captured and restocked. That leaves you with wild pigs, gar, and carp, lol. No matter how you cut it, or slice it, it's a sport with the privilege of getting to eat it in 2018. If you take the sport out of it, then it's just food stamps for wildlife. Option B is farming, option C is being totally reliant on the grocery store. Simplifying it, and causing problems, makes no sense. Go hunt and fish.

I get it.. As long as it's not something you're in to, it's ok to use bait...

Sounds like David Knight..

And you're proving my point again.. If I used the states recommendations of killing 12 deer, I would wipe the population in my area out. By managing my club & hunters, I'm managing the wildlife. The state is not.

Browning Slayer

We need more hunters and fewer pencil pushing politicians in office. Hope this helps.

But those pencil pushing politicians like that piece of garbage David Knight know whats best for everyone.. He even said so numerous times..

XIronheadX

Not about being into it. I don't use bait for anything. Don't start putting words in my mouth again.
No kidding you'd wipe them out. That's common sense.That's why some areas have low deer numbers. Too many hunters on the acreage. The state see's the numbers as a whole. They manage thru doe days. And they will continue to be adjusted when hunters are packed into areas.
Make sense if you are going to have conversation. There's no point of yours I'm proving. It's simply your imagination. No bait. You need no corn to hunt. It's useless. You need no supplemental feed to manage, genetics are more important. Planting causes no issues with other species seasons.

XIronheadX

But those pencil pushing politicians like that piece of garbage David Knight know whats best for everyone.. He even said so numerous times..

Lol. You prove your own point. You have David Knight and all the wildlife biologists saying we don't need to bait. But, they aren't worrying about what you personally are doing on a 27 acre ant farm, you call the man garbage? Who should we believe, You? Or a team of professionals who devote their life to wild game?
The man that's dedicating his time to us all to do the right thing? No wonder its all "my herd", "my land", "my deer", "I", "me", "my".

I guess all the politicians that didn't let you have your way your entire life are garbage as well?

He didn't push the pencil lol. Some dude that can't kill a deer introduced the bill. He stated plainly he hasn't shot 200 yards. lol

XIronheadX

:rofl: I can understand why you don't turkey hunt. If the bird didn't gobble back at your call, you'd chew the bark off the trees. That Tourettes typing syndrome would turn into chasing birds through the woods dog cussing them.

Where you at? You better get a job you can multitask so you don't have to multipersonality so much.

Browning Slayer

Not about being into it. I don't use bait for anything. Don't start putting words in my mouth again.
No kidding you'd wipe them out. That's common sense.That's why some areas have low deer numbers. Too many hunters on the acreage. The state see's the numbers as a whole. They manage thru doe days. And they will continue to be adjusted when hunters are packed into areas.
Make sense if you are going to have conversation. There's no point of yours I'm proving. It's simply your imagination. No bait. You need no corn to hunt. It's useless. You need no supplemental feed to manage, genetics are more important. Planting causes no issues with other species seasons.

So what you're saying is that I'm managing the deer herd around me..

Thanks, been saying that for a while now.:cheers:

Browning Slayer

:rofl: I can understand why you don't turkey hunt. .

I don't turkey hunt cause there is no challenge to it. It's harder to kill a chicken with a hatchet than a turkey with a shotgun. Try using a bow.

I like to fish too much and I see turkeys all the time while I'm fishing.