Do any of you video your own hunts?

Itchy Finger

Hello,
Do any of you video your own hunts? If so please describe what all you take along in your camera bag and what type of video camera you have? Also, are you happy with the video quality of your camcorder? Provide us with any helpful information that you can, I'm sure there are many out there interested.

I'm looking to get a mini DV camcorder (possibly the Panasonic PV-GS15) soon for videoing this fall.
For all of you interested, go check out huntingfootage.com for some great videos to watch recorded by other hunters. It's got some great videos.

Thanks and take care!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! :clap:

dbodkin

It think Phil M has a large library of hunts he has recorded. Also did his own camo job to a digital video camera that looks great.... You may want to shoot him a PM

TurkeyCreek

i take my video camera to the stand almost everytime i go. i haven't videod a kill yet, but i do video most every deer i get a chance to along with other animals, turkeys, bobcat,etc. it really adds alot of fun to the hunt.

i use a hi8mm sony. it was relatively cheap and does an ok job but i would like to get a digital mini-dv one day. i also plan to get a camera mount that i can use in the stand and try to film a kill.

i have one video of a bobcat on huntingfootage.com...and a couple on michael lee's site.

good luck with your camera...you will enjoy it..

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Itchy, me and a few of my friends have been videoing for years. I like sony cams myself, one real important thing that you will need is a good quallity camera arm that mounts to the tree. good ones are hard to find, there was a guy at the buckarama that had some good ones that mounted to your stand, but the only draw back to stand mounted camera is when you move the camera will move. I made my own , they need to be real sturdy. videoing your own hunts takes some practice. its real easy to let the deer get buy while your trying to do every thing at once!