Do people really do this?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
That's what I did with my
That's why when my '06 F150 with 230,000 miles finally gives up the ghost, I'll take about 3-4 months worth of a payment like that and put in a new tranny and engine, and drive it another 250,000 with no car payment.

Crazy what they want for a new car these days. That's a dang house payment.
06 F150 4x4. New FoMoCo engine 3 years warranty!!

BeerThirty

Keep in mind that is MSRP on the manufacturer websites. How often do you ever see vehicles sell for MSRP? Hardly ever. Check the dealer websites and they are usually way cheaper.

BeerThirty

you know that is very prestigious when your high school kid has a new , expensive vehicle.. people will pay a lot for prestige

There's a lot of high school kids out there who bust their humps at work and can afford this payment if they are still living at home without any other bills.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
You don’t worry about the payment when you’re the big dog

bassboy1

Wait until you realize that most of the larger bass boats you see are financed with a TEN YEAR loan...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
If I can’t pay cash for anything I want, I don’t buy it. I keep enough cash put back for the unexpected needs that show up every now and then. Wait long enough to save up cash to pay for something, you will generally realize you probably don’t need it.

BeerThirty

You don't seriously think the majority of those trucks in the student parking lot are paid for by the students, do you?

Absolutely not! But I had a few buddies in high school who worked all the time and had really nice, even new trucks.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
I'm not into financing; but if I were; I sure as heck wouldn't take out a 7 year note on to stupid vehicle!

Last edited:

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Talk to a guy at a tournament a few weeks back, he financed his Nitro Z20 for 15 years at $450 a month!
It was loaded and he had everything on it!

Reactions: Dub

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Talk to a guy at a tournament a few weeks back, he financed his Nitro Z20 for 15 years at $450 a month!
It was loaded and he had everything on it!

That's the kind of stupid even duct tape can't fix.

Boat will be wore out before it's half paid for.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Think about this for a minute...

Folks buy a new truck with a 6 year loan on them...lets say a 2013 for 34,000 plus tax and title after rebates and discounts.

They trade it in 2019 with 75,000 miles.

The next folks buy that truck used for 22,000-23,000 plux tax and title. They also finance it for 6 years.

Now this truck will be financed for 12 years. 12

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Think about this for a minute...

Folks buy a new truck with a 6 year loan on them...lets say a 2013 for 34,000 plus tax and title after rebates and discounts.

They trade it in 2019 with 75,000 miles.

The next folks buy that truck used for 22,000-23,000 plux tax and title. They also finance it for 6 years.

Now this truck will be financed for 12 years. 12

So we should go into the finance business?