Do people really do this?

jdgator

I’m not at all a hater but when I see these guys pulling 100,000 dollar center console boats with 70,000 pickups.. I shake my head and tell myself I picked the wrong career path. And as far as catching enough snapper to cover the cost of those boats..at 2 fish per person and a 3 week season.. it would never happen.
I I almost bought a used contender 23. I have more than enough to pay cash. But I cannot write a check for a 100k for a boat.

Baroque Brass

There us wise spending and not so wise spending.

My neighbors across the street are really nice folks. They moved in about 3 years ago.

They bought the house for 400K, slightly less than average for the area. It was trashed really bad. The yard was lined with very tall spruce trees spaced a couple feet apart... all the way around.

He drove an old 67 or 68 Chrysler, she had a vw golf.

Immediately after buying, in cash, the entire house was renovated top to bottom, those trees all hit the ground, the rootballs were dug up. New fence installed in the backyard.
All new furniture was brought in from a local dealer. New garage bought and filled with tool storage and tools.
The old Chrysler was sold and he came home with a brand new white F150. Her vw disappeared to be replaced by a brand new BMW car
Shortly after, a brand new mustang was in the garage. A new boat and new camper trailer ties up space in the backyard. A local motorcycle dealership delivered a new dual sport motorbike.

Within months, the f150 was replaced by a new one. Her BMW was replaced with a new one. The dual sport got company..... a new harley and two new off road motorbikes.

The red mustang was replaced with a new black model. The f150 and BMW were replaced with new ones recently. Her BMW car became a BMW SUV.

This case shows good spending and bad. The house, good spending. Same for everything except the constant replacements of vehicles.... camper and boat...... I'd spent less on lesser models as the are not life requirements...

I dont know where the money came from. He is a service manager at the local BMW dealership, she does housecleaning jobs....

Yes, they, too are younger..... maybe early 30s
Maybe they came into a large inheritance. Seems to me if they’re that wealthy the wife wouldn’t be doing housecleaning. Sounds like they need the income.

zedex

Gator Bait
Maybe they came into a large inheritance. Seems to me if they’re that wealthy the wife wouldn’t be doing housecleaning. Sounds like they need the income.
All of the parents of the couple are still living, but inheritance can come from anywhere, but I'm willing to bet they did well with the lottery. Either way like I said, they are a nice couple and they can spend the money any way they see fit.
Being poor while growing up and never being wealthy, I would have spent differently is all.

The wife doesn't work but a few hours a week... probably more to do with doing something rather than nothing

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I I almost bought a used contender 23. I have more than enough to pay cash. But I cannot write a check for a 100k for a boat.

There’s a young Asian looking kid that works at Halfhitch and drives a big F250 hooked to a contender.. we see him at St. Andrews a lot.. ain’t no way halfhitch paid for all that.