Do You Still Think NASCAR is a Relevant Sport?

SpotandStalk

Nascar racing today is like watching two grown men do this..

ScaryEnlightenedBobwhite-small.gif

No rules can change it.. Nothing will. It's watching a bunch of spoiled brats running around on the track.

This years national championship game was more intriguing than the Daytona 500 or any other race we'll see this year.

across the river

Nascar has gone the way of Liberals city folks.. Lots of skinny jean wearing drivers! What a bunch of flat billed hat wearing sissys.

All joking aside, that is a lot of the problem. NASCAR was always a blue collar, primarily Deep South sport. The fan base was the Southern Redneck, good old boys. In an effort to "Grow the Sport" they tried to expand away from the Southern tracks to get an expended fan base. They highly promoted the "mainstream" drivers, and in a since ignored the base that got them there. Your typical small town Southern boy could relate to Earnhardt, Elliot, Rusty Wallace, etc...., but will never relate to Jamie McMurray and Joey Logano. I remember my dad watching the race every weekend growing up. He was die hard, but I couldn't tell you the last time he even turned it on.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
All joking aside, that is a lot of the problem. NASCAR was always a blue collar, primarily Deep South sport. The fan base was the Southern Redneck, good old boys. In an effort to "Grow the Sport" they tried to expand away from the Southern tracks to get an expended fan base. They highly promoted the "mainstream" drivers, and in a since ignored the base that got them there. Your typical small town Southern boy could relate to Earnhardt, Elliot, Rusty Wallace, etc...., but will never relate to Jamie McMurray and Joey Logano. I remember my dad watching the race every weekend growing up. He was die hard, but I couldn't tell you the last time he even turned it on.

This^^ They got to big for their britches.

srb

Need to go back and run some small tracks,Under 1.5 ..........

The rock

North wilkesboro