Dodge County PFA

chewie1014

Went down to Dodge County PFA this weekend with my father-in-law and had a good outing. Wind blew about 20-40 mph on Saturday, making it tough fishing in a 13’ riverhawk. But we made it work, and ended up putting several fish in the boat. Largest was just a tick under 6lbs and is pictured below. It isn’t the biggest in the lake, but it’s the biggest I’ve every tackled and is currently on its way to Woody’s for some work. I’m pumped.

Caught all fish, save one, on a 7.5 inch blue and purple worm with glitter flakes that my father-in-law dubbed “Raspberry Delight”. All were caught within 5 feet of the bank.

We saw one fella pull an 8 pounder out of there, and I caught another that was around 4lbs. My applause to DNR for making this a really great fishing area. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone. Beautiful and quiet, with plenty of big fish. A jon boat with a trolling motor will get you around just fine, though I recommend holding out for the 20-40 mph wind days. Makes steering the boat that much funner. :D

Attachments

• Dodge Co. PFA - 6lbs WT.JPG
    Dodge Co. PFA - 6lbs WT.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Dodge Co. PFA - 6lbs WT.2.JPG
    Dodge Co. PFA - 6lbs WT.2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 332

the HEED!

Banned
good catch

nice fish man.

Lightninrod

Man, y'all did better than my buddy and I when we were there several days ago. The best we could catch were two 2+ lbers. I have caught a few 5lbers and a 6 lber there in the past.

Dan