Doe Down 9/22

Kyle5050

So, a little back story...

I joined a dog club this year. I’m not a dog hunter, ha. However, it was only $500 to join and it is 15 minutes from my front door. 5000 acres that’s split down the middle by the Ogeechee river. Lots of swamp and dog blocks that’s not great for a still hunter. But for only $500, several boat landings, and a bunch of turkey and ducks I figured that alone was worth the price of admission.

Pre season scouting was slow and I worked hard finding where the deer were at. 60 deer were killed off the property last year and guys run dogs almost yearly keeping their pups in shape and training new dogs.

I was able to find a small block of pines and in the center of those pines was a small oak hill. I set up shop here and have been hunting it pretty hard these last 2 weeks. I finally connected last night on a good doe that came out just before dark. She was super cautions and hung out for nearly 45 minutes in some thick scrub bush and palmettos. I had to stand for an hour in my climber waiting on her to come out right before dark.

Double lung shout, and she went 75 yards and piled up. Shooting my Bowtech Insanity CPX topped with Rage Trypans. Blood was spotty for the first 20 yards, and then started pouring like a water hose. She ran 20 yards and then started blowing, I assume that’s what started the heavy blood pouring. I don’t think I have every had one blow that much after getting shot. Anyone else?

Super proud of this deer and I will always remember how hard I worked to get her. Getting her with the ole’ stick and string makes it even better!

0685CF49-004C-4405-A537-00E74B21BEC4.jpeg

Blackston

That's some pretty country used to hog hunt behind the IGA in gyuton Congrats !!!

philtuts

Way to go man! Great move on joining the club. Can't put a price tag on freedom and the ability to hunt whenever you want. Dogs might even push a good one your way one morning.

krizia829

Congrats! That is a great doe that will sure fill the freezer pretty good! I don't hunt with dogs anymore but I got my first doe at 11 with a single shot .410 that will soon belong to my daughter! Great memories running dogs but there's nothing like sitting alone on a stand or climber watching the woods come to life!

Rabun

Congratulations on arrowing a nice doe! Sounds like great potential for many more hunts of differing species.

Latest posts