Doering Welcomes Comparison of Mullen to Spurrier

Gator89

Right or wrong, Doering is more qualified to comment than most posters on here, including me. I don't think we have many members that played for either coach.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...A-F3-93-9B-4F-D0-81190605_114910FloridaGators

“I welcome it,” Doering said. “He’s spot on. I mean, it’s a comparison that a lot of us locally have made. I think if he can have the same sort of success, if you told Dan Mullen right now that he could have the same win-loss record and sort of achievements that Coach Spurrier had at Florida, he’d be all in.”

:stir:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Right or wrong, Chris is a Gator. So no favortism there.. Mullen ain't done jack except run all of his recruits off. Get back to us when he has actually done something besides flap his jaws and stick his foot in his mouth.

Mullen will always live in Kirby's shadow.

ddavis1120

Doering's an idiot. Spurrier is/was one of the best coaches of all time. Led Duke to an ACC title, UF to their FIRST SEC title and their first natty and coached SC to the top of the east. All three are those schools' high water marks.

Mullen on the other hand has run his mouth and beat his chest.

As a Georgia fan I hated Spurrier but give the devil his due; the man could coach. On the other hand, I hope Mullen stays at UF forever.

TinKnocker

Doering's an idiot. Spurrier is/was one of the best coaches of all time. Led Duke to an ACC title, UF to their FIRST SEC title and their first natty and coached SC to the top of the east. All three are those schools' high water marks.

Mullen on the other hand has run his mouth and beat his chest.

As a Georgia fan I hated Spurrier but give the devil his due; the man could coach. On the other hand, I hope Mullen stays at UF forever.
:clap:

brownceluse

Yep and the comparison with the two is just ignorant at this point. Spurrier ran his suck. But Spurrier was coaching for the school he actually played at. Mullen is a hired hand with a big suck and can’t keep recruits or players... The Ole Ball Coach was and is a tool but he did lots of talking on the field too.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Doering is an idiot if he believes this. And I don't think he's an idiot. He's saying what he has to say. Mullen is a punchline.