does wife need hunting license

Gl4di4torRr

Please answer before making jokes :)

My wife has asked if she can come walk around with me while turkey hunting. She wants to try some calling to locate the birds but will not be shooting anything. Does she still require a hunting license? I am asking because I'm not sure this is more than a one time thing :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say yes, just to be on the safe side and avoid any potential problems.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If she is calling or assisting in the hunt yes. If she’s just there watching no

There is Georgia Supreme Court case law on this IIRC

Worlldbeater

If she is calling or assisting in the hunt yes. If she’s just there watching no

There is Georgia Supreme Court case law on this IIRC
^^^^ Throwback is right. A ranger saw me calling for a friend of mine back in the 90s and asked to see my license. I had purchased a license but had left it at home. He wrote me a ticket for hunting turkeys without a license. When I questioned him how I was hunting when I did not have a weapon he showed me a copy of a memo from dnr saying someone calling was a hunt participant. I went back home and got my license and showed it to him at the county jail and he did away with the ticket.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My ex-wife got a ticket for fishing without a license once. I was catfishing at a local lake from the bank, and she was laying in the sun in a lounge chair reading a book. I went off into the woods for five minutes to get rid of the morning coffee, and the game warden popped out of the bushes and wrote her a ticket. True story.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Ga offers an apprentice license for newcomers and people without a hunters safety certificate. If you think you need a license..you probably do.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Ga offers an apprentice license for newcomers and people without a hunters safety certificate. If you think you need a license..you probably do.

A big game license is required as well for turkeys.