Don’t throw away those legs!!!!

devolve

Man! A pair of legs with attached thighs from one I killed Sunday.

Put them whole in a crock pot, completely covered them with chicken broth. Cooked on LOW for 8 hours.
Pulled all the meat out and separated out the fat and garbage. Put the shredded meat on mashed potatoes with a little brown gravy on top. Sooooo good!!
The left overs will go back in the pot with some BBQ sauce and simmered for 20 minutes. Then there will be BBQ sandwiches!
846F5004-FD0F-49B4-AAA7-192F427723C1.jpegFE656EC3-481E-4BED-B465-B13D4D78EC44.jpeg3C242651-B906-42CA-A618-417C098E607F.jpeg

Swamprat

Swamprat
Looks great...have made turkey leg dumplings a few times. The BBQ part sounds good. Will have to try that.

Like you put in a crock pot for 7-8 hours.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Strain the broth used in cooking the legs and freeze it. I use it in soups, etc. Gil

Buckman18

we also cook ours in a crockpot, and my wife makes ‘turkey salad’ like chicken salad. Your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get some of that.

buckpasser

There have been far too many delicious thighs chunked in the weeds. That dish looks and sounds great.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
That sounds fantastic with the mashed taters n gravy!!!!

Another good one I've been doing for only a year is crockpot a leg or thigh overnight.
The next day clean to good clean shredded meat.
Look online and google Betty Crocker's buffalo chicken casserole recipe. I follow the instructions to a T except I use the prepped turkey leg instead of chicken and I leave out the bread crumbs. That recipe is a popular favorite for anyone!!!

devolve

That sounds fantastic with the mashed taters n gravy!!!!

Another good one I've been doing for only a year is crockpot a leg or thigh overnight.
The next day clean to good clean shredded meat.
Look online and google Betty Crocker's buffalo chicken casserole recipe. I follow the instructions to a T except I use the prepped turkey leg instead of chicken and I leave out the bread crumbs. That recipe is a popular favorite for anyone!!!
Googling now......

Swamprat

Swamprat
Thanks all for additional ideas.

Mattval

Good idea. I tried smoking some last year. did not turn out to well.
Thanks!

Limbhanger2881

I have been doing this for years. I always keep the legs, thighs and wings. Cook them in the crock pot. Turkey Gumbo, Turkey Pot Pie, Turkey and Dumplins and so on. Matter fact in a lot of stated it is Wanton Waste to only remove the breasts. You legally have to take the Breasts, Thighs, Legs and Wings. It is a hefty fine if you do not. If you are only taking the breasts you are wasting half of the edible meat. I almost like the Legs, thighs and Wings more than the breast.

goblr77

Sounds great. I usually cut the meat into bite sized pieces, sprinkle with everglades seasoning, and cook in a crock pot all day with cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup. Makes a good gravy over rice.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I like the cream of mushroom over rice myself.

Impact97

I like pulling the raw meat from the bones in strips (very tedious process) and pan searing for fajitas. Best "beef" fajitas ever!

Gaswamp

we also cook ours in a crockpot, and my wife makes ‘turkey salad’ like chicken salad. Your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get some of that.

share that turkey salad recipe please

Jeff Raines

Turkey pot pie from legs and wings
534729_4950406600298_1312329966_n.jpg