Don’t understand

Thread starter #1
My Dad was a good, God fearing man, he brought us up in a Southern Baptist Church all of our lives, served as a deacon on many occasions throughout his life. How his life ended with the pain of Alzheimer’s disease and dimensia just goes against all he’s done for God in his life. To suffer for years and then to pass away suffering in a nursing home just seems like a slap in the face to him and all of what he lived his life for. I just don’t understand why God would allow him and his entire family to suffer after the life he gave to Jesus Christ. It’s like he used my father, the just cast him away to suffer and die and I cold dark place, alone. Makes one wonder why

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Life is not fair.
Neither is death.
Things like this have long made me wonder about God's plan...
I don't understand.

My Dad was a good, God fearing man, he brought us up in a Southern Baptist Church all of our lives, served as a deacon on many occasions throughout his life. How his life ended with the pain of Alzheimer’s disease and dimensia just goes against all he’s done for God in his life. To suffer for years and then to pass away suffering in a nursing home just seems like a slap in the face to him and all of what he lived his life for. I just don’t understand why God would allow him and his entire family to suffer after the life he gave to Jesus Christ. It’s like he used my father, the just cast him away to suffer and die and I cold dark place, alone. Makes one wonder why
Dialer,

I am sorry to hear about your father, it is difficult enough to loose good men, but when dimensia is what takes good strong men it is even more difficult. The story of your father reminds me of how my fathers last years were.

The knowledge of suffering is one of the hardest things for me as a Christian to understand, it is not easy.

The Church has tried to offer truth on the topic for centuries. I have found the better I understand God the better I understand how suffering can prepare me.

God's peace.

http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2009/08/a-catholic-reflection-on-the-meaning-of-suffering/

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
I watched my Beloved Mother die for two and a half years of a cancer that has no cure.

I often wonder the same questions myself.

Thanks all, but still don’t get it....I’ll try
I have a lot to say about this subject, but right now, I can't put it into words. You may never understand it while you are alive, but don't become bitter and blame God.

When I can formulate my thoughts, I will try to post them up. Maybe it will help

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It is something all of us go through unless we are unlucky enough to pass before our parents...

My mama served God all of her life. Very devout! At 84 she had a massive stroke & passed away several days later.

My Stepdad was a preacher for over 70 years. He lasted about 8 months after her. Just before he died all he could do was weakly point up with his finger. He was so ready to go to heaven.

As has already been said, we can't question God's ways or his reasons.

I pray God will give you comfort.
Just remember, one day you will be reunited.