Double Jig Rig for Crappie?

creation's_cause

Hey guys...any of you'll care to comment on what is the best set up for two jigs...casting to docks/cover with them mostly? I have had some success with the first (upper) jig tied with a Palomar knot, and the second (lower) jig tied with a cinch knot. Mostly to keep less lie around the jigs and because these are pretty simple & quick knots to tie. Just seeing if there are any other favorite ways you guys tie them up? Thanks!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Hey guys...any of you'll care to comment on what is the best set up for two jigs...casting to docks/cover with them mostly? I have had some success with the first (upper) jig tied with a Palomar knot, and the second (lower) jig tied with a cinch knot. Mostly to keep less lie around the jigs and because these are pretty simple & quick knots to tie. Just seeing if there are any other favorite ways you guys tie them up? Thanks!
Tie the bottom jig with what ever knot you trust, go up the line to where you want the upper jig and fold the line into a loop.. push the loop through the jig eye and loop over the jig.

creation's_cause

Tie the bottom jig with what ever knot you trust, go up the line to where you want the upper jig and fold the line into a loop.. push the loop through the jig eye and loop over the jig.
I tried for 15min to get my doubled 6lb test through my jig eye-lette, to no prevail. 4lb test might work, but around docks and most cover, I just have never felt comfortable with 4lb test?? But in open water or trolling, I might give your upper jig tie on a try. Thanks for responding Bj. Any other ideas out there?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I tried for 15min to get my doubled 6lb test through my jig eye-lette, to no prevail. 4lb test might work, but around docks and most cover, I just have never felt comfortable with 4lb test?? But in open water or trolling, I might give your upper jig tie on a try. Thanks for responding Bj. Any other ideas out there?
Sorry, guess I should have mentioned that I quit using painted jigheads years ago. Paint makes the eyes much smaller, you can "auger" it out with another hook.. but then you have to worry about the edges of the paint left chaffing your line.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do it like a fly fishing nymph rig-tie the last foot or so of leader on with a triple surgeon's knot, and tie the upper jig onto the tag end from the upper part.

Barebowyer

You can tie bottom jig on any way you trust and then tie a dropper loop where you wan it above, then put loop through and over your jig. The longer the loop the further off line and more action it has There is such a thing as too long as it can create a twist.