drain clog

hipster dufus

years ago i moved my washing machine drain hose to empty out into my woods. wife kept a small cloth in original drain opening to seal it. i think the cloth has gone down the pipe. anyone know of something that will dissolve this cloth?am open to other ideas also. kind of afraid to snake it , fear pushing it further into drain and causing bigger issues downstream. thanks

Cmp1

BANNED
years ago i moved my washing machine drain hose to empty out into my woods. wife kept a small cloth in original drain opening to seal it. i think the cloth has gone down the pipe. anyone know of something that will dissolve this cloth?am open to other ideas also. kind of afraid to snake it , fear pushing it further into drain and causing bigger issues downstream. thanks
A snake should screw into it to grab it,,,,maybe,,,,

NOYDB

BANNED
Years back we used to call those a fish. Online search for "cable fish". Handy things to have for other purposes too.

NOYDB

BANNED
Cloth will rot. It has already started which is why it fell in. But you should still get a fish they are very handy to have around.

Longhorn 16

Bleach does a good job at eating up fabric. Battery acid would do it but I wouldn’t go that route unless you can catch the waste downstream.