Driving Pet Peeve

NOYDB

One needs to go right then turn around during hours.
That would skewer their manhood.

Plan ahead? Let someone else get ahead of them? Exert the effort to direct a motorized conveyance an extra couple dozen yards?

Not bow up and assert their dominance in a traffic situation?

How un-American.

LTZ25

Wrecker drivers that always have there light bars flashing , you get a ticket in most states for that . This one is a metro ATL. thing people who come out of a parking lot and block four lanes of traffic to make a left turn because they are to good to use exit on other side of lot that leads to traffic light.

I hate people who will risk every life around them to pass a tractor-trailer because they refuse to ride behind one. Then, when they finally get around one...refuse to run the speed limit...or turn in less than a 1/2 mile from where they initiated the pass.

I've literally had people pass me on the right shoulder...in the grass...when a 3-lane passing zone narrows back to 2-lanes, only to slow down to a speed WAY less than what I was planning on running.

I drive a stretch of highway every day that has a school bus that stops about every 100yds for about two miles. First of all, what ever happened to school bus stops? We had to walk a half a mile to the bus stop where 20 other kids were there to be picked up or dropped off. Now, everyone has their own personal bus stop, but that's a discussion for another thread.
My pet peeve is when there is the one driver in the front of the line that refuses to pass the bus after the lights go out and the signs are in. NO, they just pace the bus for the entire 2 mile stretch, adding another 10 minutes to my commute.

joepuppy

Don't forget the one that pulls out in front of you when there is nobody behind you and all they had to do was wait 5 seconds literally and wouldn't have affected anyone...then after making you hit the brakes for pulling out in front of you, they make a turn right up the street and you have to hit brakes again :banginghe
You beat me to it. Drives me crazy!

What's up with like half of the population not knowing how to properly navigate and yield in a roundabout? I swear, I get stuck behind so many people that treat it like a stop sign and make sure it's totally clear on both sides before entering... I guess people don't realize they only have to yield to cars coming from the left..:huh:

I hate people who will risk every life around them to pass a tractor-trailer because they refuse to ride behind one. Then, when they finally get around one...refuse to run the speed limit...or turn in less than a 1/2 mile from where they initiated the pass.

I've literally had people pass me on the right shoulder...in the grass...when a 3-lane passing zone narrows back to 2-lanes, only to slow down to a speed WAY less than what I was planning on running.
I hate getting stuck behind a tractor trailer. They slow to a crawl on hills, do 50mph 10-mile-long drag races with the tractor trailer in the other lane that's going the same speed in a 65mph zone, you're stuck there breathing diesel fumes, and you can't see what's in front of them. ::ke: :D