Drop top fever is running it's course

Dub

While not a convertable, this new Cobra we looked at would provide some thrills. Very sharp car.

2011-07-31_14-42-15_940.jpg

Serious horsepower under the hood, too.

2011-07-31_14-42-09_495.jpg

Still kicking tires and looking around.

It's fun shopping.

poohbear

I've got a Chrysler Sebring rag top I'll let go for $950.00 not as stylish. But a lot more affordable.

huntinglady74

Ok i gotta add my 2 cents.. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler XL and LOVE IT.. It takes to the woods with ease will go places a vette or stange want go and no matter who's driving it looks good..:}

Reactions: Dub

Wiskey_33

Why not an old muscle car?

Chevelle, Mustang, Corvette, GTO....

I'd sooner take some old American iron than the plastic coupes that are running around these days.

Nautical Son

If you really wanna have some fun go find yourself a Honda S-2000....2004 or newer...2 seater, small trunk, drop top, 4cyl, and at one time (haven't checked the specs lately) it had more horsepower per liter than a Camaro, Stang,or Vette....and would flat embarass those guys in a street race...Not that theres a doggone thing wrong with with a KR-500 Stang though....

Dub

Well.....replaced my trusty daily driver 4x4 midsize truck with a similar model last fall. I plan on hanging onto this one for a good long while. I works great for what I need.

Son is doing well in college....couple more years.

So....still planning to add something fun to drive when he's outa school.

Maybe the new Z car will be out by then.....and maybe there will be a new Cuda drop top by then, too.

The current Mustang GT convertibles are mighty strong contenders right now.

Still got plenty time to dream.

someguyintraffic

I'm wanting a convertable in the worst way.

Been wanting one for years.

The new Camaros haven't made it any easier to resist.

Looked hard at this one today....I've got the green light from the wife....arghhhhhh.

2011-07-31_11-47-06_897.jpg

It's just not practical in the least.

At least with a Jeep, I could use it to hunt from.......

A buddy swears to me that I need to look at the Miata. He maintains the 2011 models have more legroom and headroom....I dunno.

Might be time for another Mustang (this would make my 4th....none have been convertalbe, though).

What are some other convertables that I should look at?

Fever has me in a bad way.

Go convert. Mustang

someguyintraffic

You could really bite the bullet

Only 131k for the Super Snake

dcdb2541244042fdb4386100d41da805x.jpg

Dub

I've gotta admit.....A Mustang GT Premium Convertible is the leader in the clubhouse on my leaderboard....unless they go and do something horrid with it by the time I'm ready to buy in two years. 6spd manual is how I'd have to go....even though my wife wouldn't be happy. Can't help it. My '66, 85 and 95 GT were all sticks. I can't envision driving a mustang any other way.

That being said....The Challengers that I've test driven were a different beast. The 8sp automatic really appealed to me.

Georgia & ENC weather really is convertible friendly for much of the year.

someguyintraffic

The new Mustangs are fun fun. The GTs are fast.

My brothers boss man owns this and rarley drives it. Shelby GT 350. He let me take a few rips in it. Its real fast and stops on a dime. Cant imagine theFB_IMG_1538488305316.jpg supercharged GT500 power and handling.

someguyintraffic

I've gotta admit.....A Mustang GT Premium Convertible is the leader in the clubhouse on my leaderboard....unless they go and do something horrid with it by the time I'm ready to buy in two years. 6spd manual is how I'd have to go....even though my wife wouldn't be happy. Can't help it. My '66, 85 and 95 GT were all sticks. I can't envision driving a mustang any other way.

That being said....The Challengers that I've test driven were a different beast. The 8sp automatic really appealed to me.

Georgia & ENC weather really is convertible friendly for much of the year.

I would never own an automatic performance car. Never have.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Here's what you need Dub. ;)

:cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

sinclair1

that thing durn near as ugly as the 1977 Mustang

I wouldn't buy one of those at half the price
I agree, that boolit color is the worst color in the box of crayons. Last time I saw that color I drank a bottle of grape soda facepalm:

sinclair1

One day people will learn that buying the hyped model of any brand has a re sale that puts you in and out of it for less loss than a econo box. As much as I like arguing with Heed in traffic, I would go with one of the models he posted.

A good many you can sell for 5- 10k less than you bought it for after ten years which don't happen on a econo box.

Same with the Hcat, you won't lose much in Long run on that 60k purchase.

Last edited:

Dub

The funny part is seven years later, Dub will fit in that Miata :flag:

:rofl: Not likely. Even once I get the needed surgery to replace both knees.....I'll not be trying to stand up from a low slung cage like a Miata. Not that some of the other considerations are much better......but the Miata is now and forevermore ruled out for this guy.

In the parking lot at work this week.....heard a coworker's 2018 Mustang GT. He has the enhanced factory exhaust and went through the various settings. Just on exhaust note alone.....the Mustang is screaming my name. That thing sounds like a dragon about to breath fire. I'm hooked on that sound. I need that in my life. Neighbors will hate me in the early morning....