Drop top fever is running it's course

Dub

I'm wanting a convertable in the worst way.

Been wanting one for years.

The new Camaros haven't made it any easier to resist.

Looked hard at this one today....I've got the green light from the wife....arghhhhhh.

2011-07-31_11-47-06_897.jpg

It's just not practical in the least.

At least with a Jeep, I could use it to hunt from.......

A buddy swears to me that I need to look at the Miata. He maintains the 2011 models have more legroom and headroom....I dunno.

Might be time for another Mustang (this would make my 4th....none have been convertalbe, though).

What are some other convertables that I should look at?

Fever has me in a bad way.

NOYDB

BANNED
Dub, convertable and practical do not co-exist.

If you are not actually four-wheeling with your vehicle that takes you to hunt camp and back you can install a Class I receiver hitch and use a lightweight trailer to hunt out of. Save the "trunk" for Bow, Gun and other expensive equipment. All else in plastic containers on the trailer.

Take a gander here: http://www.edmunds.com/convertible/

Use their filters to narrow things down. 60 to choose from.

Reactions: Dub

BBQBOSS

Banned
Dude please dont be another one of those "middle aged bigger guys" riding around in those little miatas. Im begging you. :D
Camaro or vette is ok though. :bounce:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Dude please dont be another one of those "middle aged bigger guys" riding around in those little miatas. Im begging you. :D
Camaro or vette is ok though. :bounce:

X2, if you are gonna get a convertible get a muscle car, and drive it like it is ment to drive, I cant stand being behind a old man in a vette in the fast lane, and me riding his tail in a minivan.

Drive it like you stole it!!!!

Dub

Just got back from shopping around.

Went by the Mazda dealer and ruled out the Miata right from the getgo. No freakin' way I'm driving that.

Mustang or Camaro is what it's looking like at this time....if we add it as a 3rd vehicle.

If we decide to keep it to 2 cars then I may just trade my truck for a Jeep Wrangler and not have to worry about speeding tickets and such.:)

BamaBart

The troopers really like to pick on Mustangs and Camaros. :whip:

nkbigdog

If you are going to go that way, do it in style! 57 Chevy convertable will never loose value and it's the bomb....

deja vu

Dub,
Here is last one Miata my son had.....

Its for sell!

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 452
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 412

BBQBOSS

Banned
Some minor sheetmetal work and a little paint and she will be like new again! :bounce:

Hope your son was ok. Did he get injured? Drivers side looks like it held up ok.

deja vu

Some minor sheetmetal work and a little paint and she will be like new again! :bounce:

Hope your son was ok. Did he get injured? Drivers side looks like it held up ok.

He says it will buff out.....

Shattered his vertebrae at T10.He did crawl out of it.................

toyota4x4h

Id vote for a g37 convertible. Still practical and fun to drive and will definatly turn heads more than a mstang or camaro there everywhere. I have the 37s baby brother and let me tell you.. for a v6 there NICE! BUT if you have to get a rustang or camaro get a v8 atleast. :cool:

jfinch

Might be more than you wanted to spend but a SL55 AMG might be worth a look.

Mangler

Always liked these. The older 350Z's are sweet and you can find them fairly cheap (15-18K), but these 370Z's are awesome.

Attachments

• nissan 370Z.jpg
    nissan 370Z.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 272

toyota4x4h

Always liked these. The older 350Z's are sweet and you can find them fairly cheap (15-18K), but these 370Z's are awesome.

Those cars are awesome. A friend of mine has the g37 vert basically the 370 with two back seats. The VQ engine is hard to beat..and the sound...OH MAN!:cool: