Dropbox and pictures????

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’ve always downloaded to external drives and never stored anything “out there” until 2016.

In 2016 I used iCloud storage to back up my phone contacts only. Then I backed up my pictures from a phone from two years ago to iCloud because we could not get them to download.

The phone I’m currently using is due for replacement in July this year so I started getting my pictures off……….I didn’t realize I have almost 6,500 pictures on here.

Long story short - trouble downloading. I downloaded the Dropbox app, then saw a link for Dropbox online.

I have pictures going all the way back to 2001. There are over 7,000 trail cam pics. My phones have never been connected to any trail cams. We’ve always downloaded the disk - nothing online.

I had a flip phone back up until 2010 that wasn’t internet accessible.

My question is where did these pictures come from and how did Dropbox have access to them?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
When you set up your dropbox account, it was tied to an account/email address, and there was probably a box checked for you that you had the option to uncheck that allows it to 'sync' with your home PC, or simliar. It's been backing up your hard drive (or a specified folder) in the background ever since.