duck season

24on48hunting

ok so why cant they just put the duck season in the regulations... can anyone steer me in the right direction for season dates so i can prepare to get off work

chase870

Possum Sox
Its been cancelled due to bird flu this year, might want to sell your equipment before the bottom falls out.

MudDucker

Staff member
Its been cancelled due to bird flu this year, might want to sell your equipment before the bottom falls out.

You left this off ... BTW, whata you got to sell. :rofl:

Boudreaux

ok so why cant they just put the duck season in the regulations... can anyone steer me in the right direction for season dates so i can prepare to get off work

Season is subject to Federal approval, which has been made official just yet.

You can check the DNR web page. They have the "proposed" season out there. Federal approval should come this month.

Wack&Stackn08

Season is subject to Federal approval, which has been made official just yet.

You can check the DNR web page. They have the "proposed" season out there. Federal approval should come this month.

Yeah, and don't forget you early season Teal tags:cool::cool:

georgiaboy

I think the last two years we have had the early season dates around the first week of Aug.

clent586

I maybe wrong but I think the state regs typically go into print prior to the Atlantic Flyway Council posting the dates.

GSURugger

I maybe wrong but I think the state regs typically go into print prior to the Atlantic Flyway Council posting the dates.
correct, and they do put them in the regs, but not until the September prints

georgiaboy

Practice season:

CANADA GOOSE SEPTEMBER 5-27

TEAL SEPTEMBER 19-27

Remember this is proposed. Thanks OtherGeorgiaboy, I knew these should be out this week!

stev

Banned
Proposed 2009-2010 Late Season Migratory Bird Seasons and Regulations may be found here (Adobe Acrobat required). These are proposed only and are subject to change after the summer meeting of the Atlantic Flyway Council and the USFWS Regulations Committee in late July. The Board of Natural Resources will consider final adoption of the proposed season at its August 27th Board meeting.

silvertitan

SC already has their tentative season dates posted(link from ducks.org). Nothing on gohuntgeorgia.com. BTW does that site ever work? I swear over half the time I try to go there I can't connect.