Ducks arriving by the day...

rnelson5

How did your club do opening week?

Mexican Squealer

Didn’t do much. Killed 6 species in 2 hunts but most blinds averaged only 3-4 ducks.

Attachments

• AED6E86F-1257-4314-9AE3-399469A23FD8.png
    AED6E86F-1257-4314-9AE3-399469A23FD8.png
    1 MB · Views: 43

Mexican Squealer

Just finished pumping this one up today. Pumped it a little deeper to see how the divers liked it. Had about 50 Ringnecks in it today. Saw Mallards, Woodies and Ringers on the club.Total duck numbers were low.52A90E6D-5545-4A9D-A441-E53F1FFBD833.jpeg

hrstille

Well you may not have any birds but at least your place looks good. That's what its all about

Mexican Squealer

big jump in the duck numbers in the past week. Had grey ducks, woodies, mallards, ringnecks, cans and teal on the club Saturday.

Attachments

• 5807C3D0-DE89-4A81-8B03-B3256E74AFF4.jpeg
    5807C3D0-DE89-4A81-8B03-B3256E74AFF4.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 63285A3C-BD4A-4545-A8F6-4F475316601F.png
    63285A3C-BD4A-4545-A8F6-4F475316601F.png
    777 KB · Views: 144

Mexican Squealer

Duck numbers jumped to around 1500 birds last Sat. Mallards, ring necks, woodies and Canada geese were killed on the club. Weather is improving and expecting an increase in birds this week.

Mexican Squealer

Rough...club only killed 34 ducks and 2 geese. Hopefully things get back to normal next season. Boards are pulled and can’t wait to get seed in the ground.

across the river

What is typical season for you all numbers wise?

Mexican Squealer

I’ve owned the place since July. Place has always been about as good as it gets ( I’ve know folks who hunted there the past 30 years). Can’t give you any “harvest numbers” other than what we did this season. Snipe are taking away some of the pain though....looking forward to next year.

across the river

I’ve owned the place since July. Place has always been about as good as it gets ( I’ve know folks who hunted there the past 30 years). Can’t give you any “harvest numbers” other than what we did this season. Snipe are taking away some of the pain though....looking forward to next year.

Gotcha. Just curious as it seemed to be a weird year. I know one guy who has a place that they usually kill hundreds of birds off over the course of the season, but they were in the same boat as you. They aren't one the coast, but are off of a major river. Talking to people it was almost like the guys in a area that would be as close to what you would consider a "minor flyway" in Georgia (river system, coast, near a big lake) struggled, but the guys will ponds in the middle of nowhere that shoot 99% ringer necks, redheads, and wood ducks seem to do pretty decent. I had wondered if the guys that usually pick up a bunch of random birds struggled where the guys that have the same groups come back each year did about the same.

Mexican Squealer

We are just a few miles off the Savannah River in an area that is historically jam up. Pretty much all the neighboring plantations around us were in the same boat. Weird. We had a great variety of ducks and had good numbers before the season..then it just went dead. Strangest season I’ve ever seen! Oh well, moving forward.

Big7

The Oracle
Well my blue wings finally showed up! But am seeing more wood ducks

If you can hit a Woody blistering and turning in the thick stuff, that makes one an excellent shotgunner.

Fooling a Turkey, especially late season, to 30 or so yards, makes one an excellent hunter. IMO.

Big7

The Oracle
Just finished pumping this one up today. Pumped it a little deeper to see how the divers liked it. Had about 50 Ringnecks in it today. Saw Mallards, Woodies and Ringers on the club.Total duck numbers were low.View attachment 951301

WOW ! You guy's must be SERIOUS if you have a system to regulate the water. That's AMAZING. I've never heard of that. ?

Duckbuster82

Rough...club only killed 34 ducks and 2 geese. Hopefully things get back to normal next season. Boards are pulled and can’t wait to get seed in the ground.

Seemed like you had birds at times figured there would be more than that many birds killed, especially with up to 20 guns shooting? What do you think happened?

Latest posts